z

Young Writers Society

Two helicopters collide during high-speed chase

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:18 pm
Teague says...

Two local news helicopters crashed in midair early Friday afternoon in central Phoenix.

The pilots and photographers on the two aircraft died when the helicopters collided over Steele Indian School Park. The helicopters, as well as those from other stations, were covering a police chase.

In the moments before the crash, the pilot from KNXV-TV (Channel 15) Craig Harris, was on the radio with the pilot from KTVK-TV (Channel 3).

Source.

This is happening about ten miles from my house.

There are at least four (unconfirmed) deaths, and it's thought there was five on board between the two helicopters. They landed in a park and there is hardly any wreckage left- I personally doubt that anyone survived.

There have been no reports of anyone taken from the scene to the hospital. According to eyewitness accounts, there was no one on the ground where and when they hit.

The driver of the car in the chase, when caught, could face charges in relation to the crash.

Craig Smith and Rick Krolak were in the Channel 15 helicopter, and Jim Cox and Scott Bowerbank were in the Channel 3 helicopter. It has been recently confirmed that at least Cox and Bowerbank are dead. Edit- it's been confirmed that Smith and Krolak are also dead.

(This is a developing story, btw, which is why I'm not leaving all the explanation to the article.)
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:22 pm
Prokaryote says...

Video.

Prokaryote

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 pm
Teague says...

Thanks Pro.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green