z

Young Writers Society

Having trouble uploading in the Art forum....

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:48 am
Cade says...

I tried uploading from my computer to YWS. That didn't work, though my pictures are the right size, you know, within the limitations.

I also tried using the image url (like, with the little "Img" BBCode button) because I have them on Shutterfly, but that didn't work either.

So...any ideas? I already PMed Firestarter. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:53 am
Emerson says...

well what exactly is the problem though?

Are they not showing up, are you getting an error, is the page not loading at all, etc.

If I knew what the problem was I might be able to help ^^
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:59 am
Cade says...

Oops, I should've said. Well, when I tried uploading straight to YWS it said, "Could not upload blahblahfilename." When I tried using the Shutterfly url, I just saw the BBC code in the post as I'd seen it when I was writing the post, like img in the brackets and all at either end. I tried it a bunch of times and nothing worked and I was sad. :(
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:32 am
Nate says...

What's the image type? .png, .jpg, etc.?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:40 am
Emerson says...

Hm.

You could be using the wrong URL? I noticed with Photobucket they had a new UrL which gave you a link to the gallery, and I often times mistook that for the actual image URL. Read over your code and make sure it ends with .jpg, or something.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:59 pm
Cade says...

The image type is a jpg, and it all seems to be fine, I checked it a zillion times...I might try a different photo site as well, just to see if it works any differently.

Thanks, all.
-Colly

758 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:44 pm
Cade says...

YES I made it work. Now you can all go look at my photos. :D

Photobucket ftw.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:56 am
sabradan says...

cadmium wrote:YES I made it work. Now you can all go look at my photos. :D

Photobucket ftw.

Cad, please,please,please, please, PLEASE resize those suckers! I want to critique them, but there sheer size makes it near impossible!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

758 Reviews

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:59 am
Cade says...

Oops, sorry, sabradan! YWS just sort of automatically resized them for me, but they are rather large, aren't they...I've resized them. They should be easier to deal with now. :oops: :D

-Colly

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl