z

Young Writers Society

How Long?

How long will it take you to read Deathly Halllows?

I have all night
54%
By the end of the 22nd
17%
A few days
17%
A week, at least
13%

Total votes : 24

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:28 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

So, how long do reckon it will take. Are you a die-hard Potter fan, and reserving the night for it. Or are you not too bothered, and will read it in bits over the course of a few weeks? Or maybe you'll savour it, but just for a couple of days?

Well...?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:32 pm
Esmé says...

Uhm.

The book's out the 21, isn't it? Well, y camp starts the 20... *Starts crying*

No, but seriously. A night. When I get back. Grr.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:34 pm
Ofour says...

Don't know when I'll start it but it'll probably take about 4 hours to read, going by the sixth.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:45 pm
Areida says...

Last time it took me like, seven hours. Three before I was forced to go to bed, and four the next day. But I read it again the next week.

I'll probably read it in the same amount of time again, just because my youngest sister wants to read it as soon as possible and my parents will only get us two copies. ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:46 pm
Sureal says...

Odds are I'll finish in a single sitting. (Hey, I don't have anything more pressing to do...)
I wrote the above just for you.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:02 pm
sabradan says...

As soonas I get te book (Which may take a while, as I forgot to reserve a copy) I'll probably breeze through it in a few days.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

79 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:35 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I should think I'll take a couple of days. It's the balance between savouring the surprises or finding them out quickly before someone tells me.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:05 pm
Teague says...

I'm getting it at midnight and not resting until I'm finished.

Mostly because I don't want anyone to spoil it for me and my brother wants to read it too, but we're only buying one copy.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:48 pm
Leja says...

Arg, I don't think I can get it until Saturday morning. On the upside, I'll then have the whole day to read it. Which I plan on taking full advantage of because, really, enough with the speculation already! And, like st.blade said, so no one spoils it for me.

79 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:51 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

But it comes out on Saturday morning :S

I'm having it delivered to the door on the day by Amazon - so convenient for my lazy self!

~Stewie Griffin

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I'm going to have a one-man bash in my bedroom. Sneak up chips and caffeinated soda, stuff like that. ;)
I'm planning on reading it in two sittings....the first half-or-so will be in the middle of the night, the second will be the next day.
ohmeohmy

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:03 am
whence says...

Idk. I reserved it at Border's, but I won't be able to pick it up there in time, as I'm going to reno tomorrow, so I'm going to try to get a copy in Reno at midnight. And I'm not sure what time I'll even have for reading... but I'll be reading it every spare moment until it's done
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:02 am
Flemzo says...

I'm such a slow reader it's not even funny.
I skim read the sixth book, and it took me a week.
It'll probably take a couple of days if i trudge through it.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I'll be picking up my reserved copy Saturday. I'm going to take my time. I still have to read Half-Blood Prince, to be honest.

There are already spoilers on the net, so I'm not concerned about it getting worse.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:23 am
bubblewrapped says...

Let's see.

If I were a free agent, and had as much time as I pleased? Finished by dinner time Sat (it comes out at 11:01am NZST).

Because I am but a lowly undergrad, however, it'll probably take all of a week. Or at least the weekend. I already have about 100pgs of textbook to get through, plus an essay due...>.<
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat