z

Young Writers Society

Cell Phone Stalkers

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:45 pm
Emerson says...

This is creepy.

Family members of two of the three families who have fallen victim to cell phone stalking have spoken out about their nightmare, saying police near their home in Tacoma, Wash., are not able to help them, and they are reaching out to media to help solve the case.

The families have received messages from the stalker threatening death upon them and their pets.

The person has left voice messages for the family stating things like " There will be a shooting at Curtis and Whittier today, so don’t send your kids. They will be dead… sooooo dead. I know where you are, I know where you live… I’m going to kill Ike and Plumpy."

Darci Price said they went to the police right away after the phone hijacking began.

"They kind of pushed us aside I think a little bit," she said. " So far, I think they can’t figure it out. So, we had to come to the media for help to try to solve this. It’s been traumatizing and terrorizing for all of our family, our extended family, my children. It’s unbelievable."

Tim Kuykendall, whose cell phone provided a portal through which a hacker gained access to the most intimate details of his life, recording family members' conversations and snapping pictures of what they were wearing.

Read more here.

I saw one of the family on the Today Show. It was very disturbing. I thought I'd post about it.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:55 pm
tinny says...

We used to get this with our landline, not death-threats but some very unpleasent phone calls. We had to remove our number from the phone directory... It was a good few years ago so I've no idea about the details or anything.

I always wondered if cell-phones could be haked like computers; I guess they can be. I suppose it's only a matter of time before they start getting hit by viruses and stuff.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:57 am
Via says...

Last summer there was some issue with our phone company and everyone who had their services was getting calls where the phone wouldn't ring before it went to voicemail, and then the message was two other people's complete conversation.....this happened like 5 times.

Cell phones are creepy man, I am not in support.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:16 pm
Alainna says...

I feel sorry for those families.

Nothing as serious as that happened to me, however, I did have a semi-stalker last summer. He got my mobile number, knew my name and everything and kept texting me. I thought my mates were pulling a prank on me, but after asking everyone I knew they took it seriously and told me to tell the police.

I didn't and the next day they started ringing my home phone. I threatened them with the police and they stopped. I haven't heard from them since. I have no idea who it was, just a random man.

It creeped me out completely..

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom