z

Young Writers Society

bin Laden's son weds British divorcee.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:35 am
Via says...

LONDON -- A British divorcee said Wednesday she has married Omar bin Laden, the al-Qaida leader's fourth son, after they met in Egypt last fall.

Jane Felix-Browne, a 51-year-old grandmother from Moulton, Cheshire, in northwestern England, told British media she met bin Laden, 27, while riding a horse near Egypt's Great Pyramid and they married in April.

The Times and Sun newspapers, which initially reported the story, said she was in Egypt for medical treatment for multiple sclerosis at the time.

The couple has held Islamic marriage ceremonies in both Egypt and Saudi Arabia, Felix-Browne said. She said she is his second wife -- Islam allows men to have up to four wives.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/fami ... etail.html
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:26 am
tinny says...

I read this in the paper yesterday, mind you it was The Sun so I nearly didn't bother XD

Apparently she only met him once, for three weeks, before marrying him, and he doesn't speak very good English XD
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:06 am
Jules the jester says...

Way back she wouldof been accused of treason. I dont understand how she could marry him. He is the son of a man who planned the murders of thouands of people, and most likely thinks the same way as his Father as he Bin Laden would probably have brainwashed him from childhood.

I wander how her family feel about it, if it was my grandmother i would be pretty freaked out.
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:12 am
Elizabeth says...

Meet your new Grandfather!!!
What the ---?!?!!?

... I wonder how her chlidren must feel about this... Meet your grandfather.... and other grandmother!!!

(O_O)

That's insane, he prolly threatened to kill something if she didnt' marry him... I mean... JEEZE! 3 weeks is early much...

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:23 am
Via says...

My understanding is they are married, but they live in seperate countries because so far he's been unable to obtain a visa because of his last name. Divorcee's can be a little too desperate, apparently....

Lame.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:37 pm
Rydia says...

I've tried to reserve judgement on this actually but, to be honest, I think it's a terrible idea. Even if the son is a sensible young man, three weeks is not long enough to get to know someone in normal circumstances never mind a person with all his history.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 pm
Sponson Light says...

Jules the jester wrote:Way back she wouldof been accused of treason. I dont understand how she could marry him. He is the son of a man who planned the murders of thouands of people, and most likely thinks the same way as his Father as he Bin Laden would probably have brainwashed him from childhood.

I wander how her family feel about it, if it was my grandmother i would be pretty freaked out.

In Bold: Thats a horrible way to think! Does that mean the families of a murderer shouldn't be able to get married? I'm not sure of what you mean here.

But 3 weeks? I wouldnt even call someone a good friend in just 3 weeks.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:26 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Jules the jester wrote:Way back she wouldof been accused of treason. I dont understand how she could marry him. He is the son of a man who planned the murders of thouands of people, and most likely thinks the same way as his Father as he Bin Laden would probably have brainwashed him from childhood.

The guy can't help his parentage. And as to the whole 'brain-washing' thing, Bin Laden has about fifty kids, and I'd imagine that he's just a little bit too busy planning terrorist attacks to bother about brainwashing them all.

Although, I think it's going to be hard for this woman and her family. No matter what you say, people will be put off by it. In all probablility, it won't last, not if there are continents and another wife between them. The cultures are just too different.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:18 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I watched this once, a programme called Jeremy Kyle had the woman on the show. I think she's a bit silly if I'm honest. I'd dislike all the press coverage.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:22 pm
Dream Deep says...

I agree with Sponson. You can't judge the son by the father - they're not the same man. That having been said, three weeks is an entirely inadequate amount of time in which to 'get to know' one's future spouse. #_#

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:57 pm
Polkadots says...

I agree, you shouldn't judge the Omar by his parentage, but the idea of a speedy marriage such as this is silly. It seems like she just wants media coverage rather than a concrete marriage, but that's my opinion.

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird