z

Young Writers Society

Creative Writing Program

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:10 am
Supermal says...

I was sitting here bored and came up with what I think might be an interesting idea for a computer program for writers.

It's basically a word processor except more advanced and tailored for writers. Each file/story has a bunch of sub-folders available at the click of a button where you can store your ideas and notes for characters, setting, plot, etc. I was thinking you would click a button at the top and it would bring up a window where you could write notes, perhaps each window would have a free number of available space for multiple notes (for multipe characters and such) and maybe pre-set options like hair, eyes, stature, etc... Maybe a drop down list could show you what you have already and then you could click on the character/setting/etc you're looking for and it would bring up what you have already.

I have no idea but I thought it might be cool. I always have trouble keeping track of all my notes and this would make things so much easier...

I don't know how clear I made this but if you understand, do you think it would be good?
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:12 pm
Via says...

I guess it would be pretty cool....but you really can just toy around with Word and do the same thing now. You just put your story as the headliner Folder, and inside folders of each chaper, and then in those the chapters and your notes...so I don't know if it would really sell much I suppose..?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:02 am
Supermal says...

I would of wanted it to be free, just a way for writer's to get their idea's sorted out. ya, I know no one would actually make it :P
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:12 am
Snoink says...

http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter.html

http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/novels.html

http://software-for-writers.safe-install.com/

Maybe that will help?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:33 am
Pacific says...

I've tried yWriter. Not a big fan of it so far.

Has anyone tried Writers Project Organizer 1.0?

Or PageFour 1.50?
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard