12%
Atheism
16%

Total votes : 73

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 pm
Chandni says...

I'm going to have to go with Christianity although the point explained above is something I surely agree with. I'm just open-minded I guess and believe I believe in the New-Age too where spiritual awakening will hit us all. hehe :D
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 pm
Sponson Light says...

As to Christianity being the leading religion, sure, that's true, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Christianity itself is the one true religion. The majority aren't always right.

Its the majority, it doesnt have to be right.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:19 am
dele24 says...

People may get fussy about being called "Christians" when they are a specific denomination, but for me it's fine.

I do have an issue with that, I am a Christian (lit. follower of Christ) but as the practices I see in other religions do not harmonize with what Jesus taught in the Bible, I would not want to be identified with any other christian group. I really don't want to offend anyone, because I don't hate people of other religions, I just don't want to be involved in what other christian religions are doing as a whole.

So yes, I am a Christian but I prefer to be called a Jehovah's Witness.

BTW my friend from work says she is a Jedi Buddist. I don't know where that came from, but she says that is what she is.[/code]

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:17 pm
Meshugenah says...

I am one with the force.

I also, apparently, am a member of the Church of Dono.

In reality, I am, quite frankly, Jewish-Agnostic. Dad was catholic, mom was kind of raised Jewish, but all my family on this side of the country is Jewish, ranging from dreidel collectors/teachers at a private Jewish school in SoCal. And they like to stuff me full of food.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:34 pm
Prosithion says...

I'm Byzantine Catholic.

(In case you're confused, Byzantine Catholic was the religion of the Easter Roman Empire after the fall of rome. In the same area as Greek Orthodox and Ukranian Catholic.)
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:43 pm
whence says...

Church of Hot Addiction anyone?

xD
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:04 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

Mormon, same thing as Christian, so...
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:22 pm
ELven-Maiden says...

Sponson Light wrote:
KazSmurf wrote:But if you are wrong, and you have believed in another god all your life, but you have lived your life honestly and committed no crimes, then surely you won't go to Hell? That's exactly what I hate about religion, who or what you believe in becomes more important than what you do in life.

As to Christianity being the leading religion, sure, that's true, but it doesn't necessarily mean that Christianity itself is the one true religion. The majority aren't always right.

Well, Im athiest, if I lived my life honestly (you dont need religion to have morals), am a contributor to society, and a generally good guy, what have I got to lose when I die? If Im right, I die, if Im wrong, I can still go to heaven, because its what I did in life.

Right?

So if we were to go on basis of that argument, being an athiest isn't much different than being Christian in the end, one just has different results of whos right and whos wrong. But if you were to eschew that argument, then yeah, to hell you go.

Because you can't deny that there are dieties that say "If you dont believe in me, off you go."

Personally, I beleive that heaven and hell iare divided into sections. It wouldn't be fair if the petty thieves and pick pockets were sent to the same place as Hitler, right? and prophets won't be with the same people who just barely made it. It just wouldn't make sense.

That's what I love about my religion lol
Give me time, i'll crit your work XD I promise.
GO HORACE!
I have some IA on Venus, but I don't know how long it'll last. my com's getting crushed.
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."~Carl Jung, psychologist and psychiatrist.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:45 am
bubblewrapped says...

Atheist-Agnostic. In the narrow sense, I'm completely atheist insofar as I reject the Western conception of God and the organized religions based on it. But I'm also agnostic insofar as I have no definite opinion as to the existence or lack thereof of a higher power.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:06 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Where is Pat Buchanan?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:17 am
PsychicNinja says...

Catholic.

~Rogue Jedi Master Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:45 am
Pushca says...

ELven-Maiden wrote:Mormon, same thing as Christian, so...

Have you ever seen the South Park episode on Mormons? Saddest part is it is, in fact, accurate, much like the Scientology episode.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:39 pm
Ofour says...

Mormons are the same as Christians?
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Random avatar

Reviews: 103
Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 pm
Cameron says...

I believe the concept of religion was summed up best in The Life of Pi, when he said that on their death bed, the atheist may cry out to God at the reality of his own mortality, while the agnostic may attribute the sudden tunnel of light as a failing of nerve cells in the brain, but in the end they've missed out on the better story.
The individual leads in actual fact a double life, one in which he is an end to himself and another in which he is a link in a chain which he serves against his will or at least independently of his will.
--SIGMUND FREUD

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Sureal says...

Cameron: I can't help but feel you've got Atheist (does not believe in any sort of supernatural god) and Agnostic (neither believes, nor disbelieves) the wrong way round there...

Pushca: Actually, the South Park dudes didn't get the Mormon history right. Do you honestly think people would follow the religion if what South Park said was true?
I wrote the above just for you.

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451