Atheism
16%

Total votes : 73

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:24 pm
sabradan says...

Pushca wrote:
ELven-Maiden wrote:Mormon, same thing as Christian, so...

Have you ever seen the South Park episode on Mormons? Saddest part is it is, in fact, accurate, much like the Scientology episode.

Which is part of what makes it so funny. Especially the scientology episode where they flash "This is what they ACTUALLY believe" at the bottom of the screen.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm
Twit says...

Ofour wrote:Mormons are the same as Christians?

No, they're not. They're an American "religion" that believe they're part of the children of Israel, I think, although where they dug that up from I don't know. :roll: I think they're supposed to have a common ancestor called Joseph Smith, or someone like that, and they say about prophets and the Holy Four, but I dunno what that means.

I'm not sure if they do this nowadays, but it used to be a common practice for Elders to have a harem of wives, which isn't something endorsed by the Bible. Read "A Study In Scarlet" - at the bottom of one page it makes a note about this Mormon who referred to his wives as his "heifers". Charming bloke, I must say.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:15 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Sureal wrote:Pushca: Actually, the South Park dudes didn't get the Mormon history right. Do you honestly think people would follow the religion if what South Park said was true?

I would never have thought that anyone would follow a religion that says that the origins of man are the result of an overlord of a Galactic Confederacy taking the excess population of a series of over-populated planets to Earth in a space ship, blowing them up with a mix of volcanoes and hydrogen bombs, resulting in the souls of the dead beings being forced by said overlord to watch a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for thirty-six days in order to brainwash these beings, who eventually overthrow the overlord and lock him in a mountain.

But I suppose some people will believe anything.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 pm
Bjorn says...

I consider myself a pantheist and naturalist. The latter is a term of my own to distinguish from paganism. It entails various rituals of a paganistic feel, but without the belief in Gods or Goddesses or nature spirits, etc.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:23 pm
Kylan says...

No, they're not. They're an American "religion" that believe they're part of the children of Israel, I think, although where they dug that up from I don't know. I think they're supposed to have a common ancestor called Joseph Smith, or someone like that, and they say about prophets and the Holy Four, but I dunno what that means.

Um, Mormons are christians. And you have some serious misinformation problems. I don't know what kind of religion you're talking about but mormons believe in God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost. They believe Christ was the son of god. And they do not have common ancestery with Joseph Smith. There are thirteen million mormons in th world for heaven's sake! They are not exclusively an "american" religion. In fact, after searching on the internet, I found that over half of thier members live outside the country. And holy four? There is no such thing.

I'm not trying to be rude, but check your facts before you make a fool out of yourself.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:33 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Joseph Smith is the person who 'translated' the Book of Mormon into English by 'divine inspiration from golden plates that he received from the angel Moroni', and as a result Mormons follow what he wrote. The 'Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints', based in Salt Lake City, Utah, is the main 'head-quarters' for Mormon teachings.

It sounds rather odd, though. Another one of those restrictive Christian sects, restricting such things as lust. How can you restrict lust? Who would know? *Walks off, talking to self nonsensically*
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:47 pm
hazel eyes says...

I'm Christian. I'm not sure what denomination I'd really call myself. I go to a Baptist church, but mainly because I am forced to by my parents. I don't actually believe everything they tell me there.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:07 am
little.angelfire says...

This is a very interesting post I've run into. I rather like! Discussing religion is tricky and fun to discuss, don't you think?
I started out as a christian (Lutheran (sp?) to be specific.) But only because I was forced. After I was confirmed, I stopped going to church, as well as the rest of my family. I went into wicca for a couple of years then...I'm ashamed of it now...It's a funny thing. It's very wishy-washy and thou shalt not harm anything or anyone or else it's going to come back to you. I dropped it after I grew out of all that crap. Yeah, love nature, hate being nice, I'm gonna curse people. I'm drifting now. My dad's a strict athiest (quick question: how can atheism be considered a religion when it takes part in not believing anything? Just a thought I have.) mom is...something...sister is...something and my other sister is a satanist.

I've been trying different things out, and noticed I'm very intrigued in vampirism. Not really a religion, but I loooooove blood. It seems like fun.

You should really add more things to the list. That's very short. Anyways, have fun people!
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:30 pm
Fishr says...

I was baptized as a Protestant but I certainly am no Christain, and to be honest, you will never catch me in a church for reasons I will not discuss here but by PM if someone so wishes to know.

If I have to choose One to serve, it would be Mother Nature. She has moved mountains, and with a snap of a finger, the earth will rumble. She has turned the very ocean into fresh water such as Lake Champlain. I would have been better suited as a Pagan then a Protistant. Oh well...
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:12 am
She Writes says...

well, i currently go to a Lutheran church. i was baptised Christian, my father is Catholic, my mom is Methodist or however you spell it. so, yes, i believe in God and Jesus. but i dont judge people on their religion. i am christian!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:34 am
Sid says...

Well, I am a christian that believes in God and such. I'm fairly new to the whole scene, considering that I just started going to church about a year ago. Although I was raised on the thought that if you are a good person then you will go to heaven.
So question.

Is that "belief" and way of living in the christian religion? It does involve heaven and doing what is right. But... it didn't involve prayer, worship, or reading your bible.

Just a thought to consider.
Was there only one world after all, which spent its time dreaming of others? -- Philip Pullman, The Subtle Knife

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck…you should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
— Cecil Gershwin Palmer