Whats your favorite quote?
I have 2.
"We don't own the earth we simply borrow it from our children."
"I refuse to accept your reality and subsite my own."
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:30 am
Paolo says...

I recently wrote a research paper on adapting to change, and I liked a quote by Ben Franklin that goes something like "When you're finished changing, you're finished." By no means my favorite quote, but I thought it was interesting.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:41 am
Incandescence says...

I have determined that the snow on channels that I haven't bought is either truly white, static chaos, or riots in Los Angeles.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:42 am
Sam says...

I couldn't possibly have just ONE favorite quote...they're all stupid, but important to me. lol.

"He valks like Dracula, with footsteps silent as death!"- Creepy Old Polish Lady [The Pacifier]
"Don't be a quitter! Everyone knows that quitters...quit?"- Vice Principal [The Pacifier]
"Drinking makes you loud and foolish."- [Proverbs...forget the chapter:v1]
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."- Shakespeare [Hamlet: Prince of Denmark]
"I'VE GOT NATURE ON MY HANDS!!!!!"- Monk [Monk]
"NO, Toto, don't eat that!"- [EBM]
"Life is so...whatever." -Skeletor [The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants]
"Tina, you fat lard, eat your dinner!"- Napoleon [Napoleon Dynamite]
"BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!" Rex Kwon Do [Napoleon Dynamite]
"Napoleon, you're just mad because I've been chatting online with babes all day."- Kip [Napoleon Dynamite]
"Who's the guy that had to die? O-SHAKURU!"-Charlie [2 1/2 Men]
"Don't take my Diet Rite...even though you need it."- Ander [my friend lol]
"How to Kill a Werewolf With a Port-a-Potty...what the..."- Cameron [another friend]
"FETUS AT TWO O'CLOCK!"- Natalie [Monk]
"It's Sierra Springs!"- Stottlemyer [Monk]
"Happiness is like wetting your pants; everyone around you can tell, but only you can feel the sensation." -? [another friend]
"School's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."- [Sticker on my locker]
"If it weren't for boys, I'd quit school."-[keychain at claire's]
"Making out is fun...and gross!"- Happy Bunny
"My teacher said I had to write this essay, and he smells good so i"m going to do it."- [EBM]
"LET'S GO HURT THE PEPSI MAN!!!"- Karissa & Sam [my friends]

See...Nate seriously needs to make the signatures bigger.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:17 am
Ego says...

"The road to succes is alsways under construction"
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:27 am
Galatea says...

"To live is not to breath; it is to act."
~Jean-Jaque Rousseau, Book 1 of Emile

"No teacher has the right to cure a child of making noises on a drum. The only curing that shold be practiced is the curing of unhappiness. The difficult child is the child who is unhappy. He is at war with himself; and in consiquence, he is at war with the world. The difficult adult is in the same boat. No happy man ever disturbed a meeting, or preached a war, or lynched a Negro. No happy woman ever nagged her husband or her children. No happy man ever committed a murder or a theft. No happy employer ever frightened his emloyees. All crimes, all hatreds, all wars can be reduced to unhappiness."
~A.S. Neill, Selections from Summerhill
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:33 am
Ego says...

[quote=Galatea]
"No teacher has the right to cure a child of making noises on a drum. The only curing that shold be practiced is the curing of unhappiness. The difficult child is the child who is unhappy. He is at war with himself; and in consiquence, he is at war with the world. The difficult adult is in the same boat. No happy man ever disturbed a meeting, or preached a war, or lynched a Negro. No happy woman ever nagged her husband or her children. No happy man ever committed a murder or a theft. No happy employer ever frightened his emloyees. All crimes, all hatreds, all wars can be reduced to unhappiness."
~A.S. Neill, Selections from Summerhill[/quote]

Beautiful.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:13 am
hawk says...

I agree, it was an incredible quote, Galatea.

I foundthis while reading Walden’s Pond, by Henry David Thoreau, so it isn't a quote as such, which meant I’ll have to try and remember it...

"I see young men, my townsmen, whose misfortune it is to have inherited farms, houses, barns, cattle, and farming tools, for these are more easily acquired than gotten rid of. Better if they had been born in the open pasture and suckled by a wolf, that they might have seen with clearer eyes what fields they were called to labor in."

~Thoreau.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:45 am
Shadow Knight says...

Enjoy life while you can, for one day, you won' be able to. Jerry
This quote inspired the poem The Real World, Jerry has been a great inspiration for me

~~Shadow~Knight~~ :-k :-k :-k
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:48 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

"Love is the demise of apathy"-me. Nobody seems to get it. And just so I don't look like I only listen to myself...actually I can't think of another off the top of my head. As soon as I do I'll put it in.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:14 pm
Bobo says...

I don't know about my favorite, but Bonus Stage/High Score has a plethora of great quotes.

"Ninjas, plus E3, equals... 5? DEAR LORD NOT 5!" -Phil Argus, High Score
"Phil, it's a t-shirt. ZOMBIE!!!" -Joel Dawson, Bonus Stage

Joel: Phil! That's the opposite of a Time Machine!
Phil: *gasp* An ANTI-TIME MACHINE?!
Joel: No, that's my filing system.

Evil: I'm sure I don't need to point out that those bars are made of anti-phillium. It's the only substance resistant to Phil, because it's made of Anti-Phil!
Phil: My brother! No! Murderer!

"All of my friends have been kidnapped except me. Good thing Me's my best friend." -Phil

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:30 pm
everyday_angel says...

OK, I have a lot...

“Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous, there's really nothing to lose. There's no wrong you can't make right again, so be kinder to yourself, you know, have fun, take chances. There's no bounds.”- Jewel
“We are only young once. That is all society can stand.” Bob Bowen
"Find some rhythm in the madness"- "Do You" by Jewel (I may get this tattooed...)
"It takes a lot of money to look this cheap"- Dolly Parton
"I was never one to patiently pick up the broken fragments and glue them together and tell myself the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken and I'd rather remember it as it was as its best than mend it and see the broken pieces for as long as I lived." (Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind)
"I don't think I could ever love a kid that wasn't my own...unless it was that little boy from Jerry Maquire."- My brother
"They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say 's***, it's rainin!'"- Cold Mountain
"What we call human nature in actuality is human habit."- Jewel
"Bravo! Now you are beginning to think for yourself, instead of letting others think for you. Such is the beginning of wisdom."- Rhett Butler again
"To live is the rarest thing...most just simply exist."- Unknown
"I think I'm perfectly happy that my brain is bigger than my boobs, and that's quite all right with me."- Vanessa Carlton
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with a bitter realization that I wasted my life at a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens."- Daria
"I am not so serious. This passion is a plagiarism."- "Girl Anachronism" by The Dresden Dolls
Lend your voices only to sounds of freedom
No longer lend your strength to that which you wish to be free from
Fill your lives with love and bravery
And you shall lead a life uncommon

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:45 pm
Emma says...

Ignore the Alarm, its EVIL.

Chocolate is healthy the docter said so.

Life is like a pear, its wierd shapped.

Lets all go and eat melons.

Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them (I love that one! Not made up by me)

I aint crazy, just ask my invisable friend.

Don't flood, I ain't brang my arm bands!

Butter should have butterflies in them.

And thats it. I like them all.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:04 pm
Areida says...

"This--this was what made life: a moment of quiet, the water falling in the fountain, the girl's voice...a moment of captured beauty. He who is truly wise will never permit such moments to escape."
-Roger Bannister

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
-- M. Kathleen Casey

“If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."
-- Robert Fritz

"Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind."
-Aristotle

"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
-Henry David Thoreau

But of course you've got to love the ones like: "But what if the last one's sour?" (Mr. V.) "MY LIVER!!!" (my friend, Austin) and "OOH YOU FINE" (Brant). heehee...quotes are awesome.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:09 am
Nai says...

Here are a couple of my favorites but a lot are missing:

"Why is not a question, but a lesson learned in time."
-?

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back."
-?

"Suicide is a person's way of telling God, 'You can't fire me - I quit!'"
-Bill Maher

"Most people think life sucks, and then you die. Not me. I beg to differ. I think life sucks, then you get cancer, then your dog dies, then your wife leaves you, then the cancer goes into remission, you get a new dog, you get remarried, you owe ten million dollars in medical bills but you work hard for thirty five years and pay it back and then one day you have a massive stroke, your whole right side is paralyzed, you have to limp along the streets and speak out of the left side of your mouth and drool but you go into rehabilitation and regain the power to walk and the power to talk and then one day you step off a curb at Sixty-Seventh Street, and BANG you get hit by a city bus and then you die. Maybe."
-Dennis Leary

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
-Franklin P. Jones

(This one I just thought was kinda funny)
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein

"Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
-Matt Frewer

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
-?

"One day they'll give a war and nobody will come."
-Carl Sandburg

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland