z

Young Writers Society

Am I crazy?

Is this a good idea?

YES!
89%
NO WAY!
11%
Good idea, but someone smarter beat you to it.
No votes

Total votes : 18

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:45 am
Nate says...

Yep, the mininum of five members does include the leader. And usergroups can have as many members as they want. In fact, for something like a book club, it's almost preferable that it has more than five so that an active discussion can occur.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:57 pm
Chevy says...

Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a white room and told me to stay in the corners. But there were no corners. So I stayed in the middle. That's when the worms came. Worms? They drive me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once...

I learned this when my softball team made it to the World Series last Spring from one of my teammates cousins who taught it to my teammate who taught it to another teammate who taught it to my sister who taught it to me. There's a certain way that you have to say it though. It really does drive people crazy because you say it over and over again.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:32 am
View Likes
amit28it says...

In my opinion its a good idea its very necessary to have these kind of thing s for entertainment.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:34 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Haha this was an idea I had years ago when I was a pretty new member. Long story short, I can't run things and it went nowhere. However, if a currently active member has the desire and organization skills to do so, I think it could be really awesome! Maybe have different threads (or even groups) for each genre and pick great books from each? It's worth thinking about in my opinion.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Duuuuude. I think me and... Stella? had been talking about how to revamp this before all the new reno stuff. I officially declare that you are required to join us. Uh, whenever we get back to plotting. I know! Prod us about it!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 pm
View Likes
SpeedyPencil says...

I'd be interested! Just message me when it gets up and running.
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 pm
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

I'm really interested in this. I've been looking for a book club for a long time but couldn't find a good one. Just wondering, would it be one genre or all?
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:31 pm
View Likes
prolixity says...

I know this is an old thread and all, but I'd definitely be interested in a book group thing.
She reflected. "I prefer stories about squalor."
"About what?" I said, leaning forward.
"Squalor. I'm extremely interested in squalor."

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:36 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

I'd be interested, though things will probably have to be run differently due to the lack of usergroups besides all the mod and admin ones.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 am
niteowl says...

Mesh, I'd love to help but I don't think I'll be around much as I'm starting grad school in August. I suppose I can offer up ideas, suggestions for books and such, though. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:48 am
SamanthaSchumer says...

Soooo want to be in this group!! :) and if you are crazy I'll enjoy insanity with you!! (hahaha) I may not be able to get some books (I come from a SUPER small town, no walmarts or librarys. We're in the southern Missouri. The population is 319.) but I can always buy them on my nook, or run a few towns over and go to the Library there. It's just hard with school. I'll make it work though :)
“Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.”
{<3}

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners