z

Young Writers Society

Am I crazy?

Is this a good idea?

YES!
89%
NO WAY!
11%
Good idea, but someone smarter beat you to it.
No votes

Total votes : 18

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:21 am
niteowl says...

Hello I just joined this site about 15 minutes ago. I have an idea for a usergroup but since I don't know if anybody would be interested, I'm posting my idea here for other people to check out.

My brilliant idea!

At my library, we have a Teen Book and Pizza Club. It's a lot of fun because you get a free book, free pizza and pop, and you get to hang out with a bunch of awesome people.

Unfortunately, I do not have the technology to hand you free pizza and pop or a free book via the Internet. If anyone has discovered such technology please post! :lol:

Anyway here is my idea for the Internet version. Each month or so, the group decides on a new book to read. Participation each time is not mandatory; if you don't want to or cannot find the book, you do not have to participate.

On an agreed-upon date, I'll open the discussion with something cheesy like "So what do you think?" Since people are online at different times, I'll let the discussion go on for a little while, maybe once it gets really out of hand.

If a)something like this already exists on the site, b)this is a great idea and you are totally interested, or c) I am truly insane for thinking up such an idea, PLEASE respond to the poll, post in the forum, and/or email me.

Thanks for reading!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:02 pm
iced.cappuchino says...

Darn!
Someone smarter than me beat me to it!

I vote b). You are totally insane, but the idea is totally great, and I am totally interested. ^o^

You might wanna move post this in the Usergroup thread, with the "official form" thinger-ma-jigger though. It'll attract more attention. *wink wink nudge*
Last edited by iced.cappuchino on Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Nate says...

I agree; this is a great idea! I'm going to advertise it under the official thread for ya, but I'll leave this one open.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:13 pm
Perra says...

This is a good idea, but I might not have time to read any of the books, if I joined. Not that I'm not interested!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:36 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, we should maybe pick a short book. Like...say...150 +pages or so and discuss it.

Why would anyone think they are crazy after getting this idea?!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:30 am
ZZAP says...

Besides you, no one... jk

I like the idea, but Usergroups are a little slow in the making... I only have one member so far, and I thought getting 4 extra members was easy :shock:

-Z

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:58 am
Crysi says...

It sounds like a good idea. I'm a little hesitant to join, only because I haven't had much extra time lately.
Love and Light

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:27 am
ZZAP says...

Yea! She's joining mine! *nudges* *a small pitiful voice says "Yea, I can't join, I'm in love with ZZA- Tolkien's writing* 8) 8)

-Z

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:46 am
Crysi says...

:roll:

You wish. That's why you automatically assumed I was joining yours ;)

It's alright, love. At least I didn't have to send a pitiful PM to you begging to let me join :P
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:05 am
Elelel says...

I like the idea niteowl :D, I'd probably join that usergroup school might interupt... oh wait, holidays start soon! Yeah, I'm interested!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 am
niteowl says...

Well it seems unanimous that this is a great idea. There's obviously an interest; however, since I read somewhere else that you can only join one group for now and due to time constraints and such, I'm not 100% positive who is a definite YES! Here's what I'm getting based on these posts.
iced.cappucino-YES!
Eloere-YES!
EBM-YES!
ZZAP-Interested, but has own group
Crysi-Interested, but is joining ZZAP's
Perra-Interested, but no time.
Nate-Probably

For future reference, if you are a definite YES! please pm me so I can make it official. You are of course still welcome to post here too if you want. I will pm everyone on the above list to get a more definite status. Like I have said before and will almost definitely say again, I get confused quite easily. So please help me! :lol:

Niteowl

418 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:45 am

But can you join 2 groups? I have joined ZZAP's Tolkien (at least I told him to add me) and yours...can I do that?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:17 am
niteowl says...

Nate emailed me yesterday and said that rule is being scrapped. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yes you can.

While I'm here I will update everyone's status:

OFFICIAL
Me!(duh!)
Nate
iced.cappuchino
EBM

Everyone else is still Maybe.

418 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:39 am

So, how many people can join? Four? Or can it have a million people?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:41 am
niteowl says...

It can have as many as you want (I think) but the minimum is five members. Now I wonder...does that include the leader?

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow