z

Young Writers Society

Are you left-handed?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu May 31, 2007 5:38 pm
Poor Imp says...

I take notes left-handed when my right hand's stiff from fencing or bruised from the same. I've fenced leftie as well; not quite as deftly as right-handed. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 pm
Dream Deep says...

I'm right-handed. If I try anything with my left hand, the result ends up looking like it was achieved by a four year old with compromised motor skills. ^_~ It would probably be to my advatange to lean to write with either hand. I know my nana could do it...

Imp: But I thought dualling left-handed fencers was an annoyance? And here you're off emulating the offense. You traitor to the cause, you. ;)
Last edited by Dream Deep on Thu May 31, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu May 31, 2007 5:51 pm
Poor Imp says...

Dream Deep wrote:I'm right-handed. If I try anything with my left hand, the result ends up looking like it was achieved by a four year old with compromised motor skills. ^_~ It would probably be to my advatange to lean to write with either hand. I know my nana could do it...

Imp: But I thought dualling left-handed fencers was in annoyance? And here you're off emulating the offense. You traitor to the cause, you. ;)

Er, yes... But you know, impishly speaking, being an annoyance in return is the most true and poetic justice. ^_~
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu May 31, 2007 5:52 pm
Dream Deep says...

Poor Imp wrote:Er, yes... But you know, impishly speaking, being an annoyance in return is the most true and poetic justice. ^_~

Ingenuis ploy. ^_~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu May 31, 2007 6:02 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm not really sure if my left hand can do anything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm
Wiggy says...

My left hand looks like my sister's handwriting when I try to write with it. Kinda lopsided, ya know?

I'm totally right-handed. My dexterity with my left hand is practically zilch. I mean, I can do things with it, but it's not very good.

Go right handers!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu May 31, 2007 7:48 pm
Skye says...

I'm left-handed. And I'm a fencer.

Fear me. ;)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu May 31, 2007 8:00 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I am most certainly right-handed in regards to penmanship, but guitar has made my left hand much more dexterous that my right.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 pm
Royboy says...

I seem to be surrounded by left handed people. Last year, my math class was made up of tables of four desks each. One quarter, they named my table the lefties... and Roya. My brother is left handed and writes like he's in elementary school. I write like I'm in fifth grade and still trying to perfect my handwriting. Seriously, The elementary school we both went to wasn't all that into whether your handwriting was great or not, they only cared if you could write in the first place. *thank god we moved--I would have died at that middle school* So although I don't write with my left hand, I'm constantly around people who do.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:47 am
Pushca says...

AWritersFantasy wrote:I've heard that, and I've heard that people used to (or still do, I dunno) believe that left handed people are possessed by the devil or something.

*arched eyebrow*

Are you implying you're notpossessed by the devil? Because I think we all know the truth here.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:22 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Pushca wrote:
AWritersFantasy wrote:I've heard that, and I've heard that people used to (or still do, I dunno) believe that left handed people are possessed by the devil or something.

*arched eyebrow*

Are you implying you're notpossessed by the devil? Because I think we all know the truth here.

Pfft, ME possessed by the devil? Hardly. I'm too innocent!

(srsly, I am. Ask any of my friends, real life or online.)

I showed this to my friend, and she said this:

Yeah, left-handed people were witches. D:<

Meanwhile, the English word "sinister" comes from the Latin word "sinister,-tra,-trum", which originally meant "left" but took on meanings of "evil" or "unlucky" by the Classical Latin era.

The contemporary Italian word sinistra has both meanings of sinister and left.

And in the French Revolution, people who were on the "left" were the liberals/those against the King, and therefore also evil.

Left-handedness was often interpreted as a sign of Satanic influence, and thus prohibited. Many examples can be found in the Christian-Greek scriptures in which the wicked or evil sit at the left hand of God, while the righteous sit at the right hand of God, during the Last Judgment. The Inuit also believed that every left-handed person was a sorcerer.

There's your history lesson for today, people. XD

As a side note, she got this information (the last paragraph, probably...dunno what else) from Wikipedia.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 am
dark_horizon93 says...

Jennafina wrote:I read somewhere that lefties are more creative and better at painting, so I spent my entire eighth grade trying to be left handed. xD Haha... I should post some of my left handed stuff. It looks a lot like the stuff I drew when I was one.

Lol, I'm very right-handed.

LIES!! I can only draw a stick figure.. Bother!
uhhh...wait, WHAT?!

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 am
Ego says...

I'm left handed. I'm also possessed by a devil and good at art--coincidence, I'm sure.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Megs says...

You know what, we should start a club or something for left handed people. There are very few of us after all! :)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:28 pm
Leja says...

I think that the left half of your brain controls the right side of your motor skills, and the right half of your brain controls the left half of your motor skills (like writing)... hmmm, so all of you lefties are the only ones in your right minds; I on the other hand like existing in my left mind.

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates