z

Young Writers Society

Pirates of the Carribean 3

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 am
Shadowsun says...

WARNING SPOILERS ARE INCLUDED!

This is the best film ever! I saw it last night and it was amazing! It is so funny as well!

Jack goes insane and starts seing lots of himself, the little, midget person fires a really big musket a flies up into the air! Everyone draws pistols on each other and the monkey picks up a little one and points it at the parrot. Millions of little crabs pick up the pearl and take it to the sea. The nine pieces of eight are actually the nine pieces of whatever we had in our pockets at the time.

The film explains a lot as well. Davy Jones fell in love with Calipso the goddess of the sea. Calipso didn't go to meet him on the tenth year when he could go to land. So Davy Jones gathered the nine pirate lords and imprisoned Calipso in a human body with the nine pieces of eight. That's when Davy Jones cut out his heart. Whoever kills the Captain of the Flying Dutchman must take his/her place because the Dutchman must have a Captain. The strange thing is, Jack actually wants to kill Davy Jones at one point, well the tiny Jacks on his shoulder convince him to. The immortal Jack Sparrow, sounds very appealing to him.

Now I have one question. Do you want to know who kills Davy Jones?
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun May 27, 2007 8:00 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

It certainly isn't Mr. Gibbs, or Jack Sparrow, or the guy with the wooden eye.

I was really surprised when Jack made (unnamed character) stab Jones' heart. I did like the ending though.

Funniest part:

"Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you like."
*throws hat*
"Now go and get it."
-Jack

Anyway, t'was a good film and well worth my $8.50.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun May 27, 2007 9:06 am
sabradan says...

I think the Pirate films, while still awesome are getting more and more rediculous. I mean, c'mon, a Pirate Brethren Council? and (unnamed character) becoming Pirate King? WTF.

Overall though, its good. And OF COURSE, its set up for a fourth. I think though that they're going to have to REALLY work on that one for it to seem plausible. I mean, cmon, it;ll be like "oh, (unnamed character) is now the new Davey Jones/Captain of the Dutchman...JUST KIDDING! PSYCHE!"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun May 27, 2007 11:49 am
Cpt. Smurf says...

I saw it on friday, and loved every minute of it! I didn't find it as funny as the first two, at least not in the beginning, but I loved the last 1 1/2 hours! The battle scene was the best part of the whole thing, in the giant whirlpool and everything...

Although I did have to explain the plot to one of my friends. It is indeed the more complicated of the three. But still amazing! One of those films I could easily watch again. Although the hanging part at the beginning was plain disturbing.

And one of my favourite bits:

Jack to himself, whilst in the locker: Well, we shall have a magnificent garden party and you're not invited!

*snort*

Ah, hilarious. And the ending was definitely setting up for a fourth one. I suppose they don't want to completely rule out the possibility of it, and Johnny Depp has said he would enjoy playing Jack again.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

76 Reviews

Sun May 27, 2007 2:48 pm
Shadowsun says...

Without Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow the film would die. I mean the entire film revolves around him. They had to bring him back for the third one after he died in the second one... But Jack Sparrow makes the film worth watching.

One of my favorite parts in the film is when those two guards from the first film come back. You know, the guys guarding the chest... They are really funny.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun May 27, 2007 3:03 pm
Royboy says...

Wait why wouldn't Jonny Depp be playing Jack?

Okay, yes I totaly agree with the whole wtf about *insert name here* being the captain of the flying dutchman. JEEZE. And how come *insert name here* wouldn't be able to go with him? The multiple endings really threw me off and the second to last one on the beach wasn't to my taste. I think that it could have been loads better rather than what it really was. The second one was a stretch, but the music was so great I didn't really care. This one was just like.... Eh, I don't care.

Of course, the very first scene where they're all singing was like the best beginning I've ever seen. And the scene after the credits? It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (which is weird because I liked the scene where *blank* got stabbed only because it was sad lol) .... I'm a sick puppy aren't i? Anyway, all together it wasn't exactly what i expected and it kinda bothered me.

Does anyone else think that those four guys (the two guards and the two pirates that are always together, one of them being the wodden eye guy) are gay? Cause it seems SO plausible. I know they were like looking up Elizabeth's skirt in the beginning, but still, they just seem so.... GAY. haha.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun May 27, 2007 7:06 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Wait...WHAT SCENE AT THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!!!!!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun May 27, 2007 7:10 pm
sabradan says...

Yeah....WHAT SCENE AT THE END OF THE CREDITS?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun May 27, 2007 9:52 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, they always have a scene at the end of the credits, don't they. Just a short thing. Like last year it was just the dog running away from the tribesmen. I didn't get to see it, though. I had a train to catch.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun May 27, 2007 10:12 pm
Alice says...

OMG I LOVED PIRATES THREE! THEY ENDED IT SOMEWHAT LIKE THE FIRST ONE NO HUGE CLIFF HANGERS LIKE THE SECOND (that really bugged me) AND WILL LOOKS SOOOOOOOO SEXY WITH THE BANDANA EXTRA LONG HAIR AND SCAR!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS THAT HE CAN ONLY GO TO SEE ELIZABETH EVERY TEN YEARS THAT'S SO SAD! I'VE GOTTA GO SEE IT AGAIN!

Thats all i have to say.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT KEITH RICHARDS WAS a) ONLY IN LIKE TWO SCENES AND b) HAD A GUTIAR IN BOTH SCENES AND MY MOM (rolling stones fan) DIDN'T CATCH THAT BEFORE ME!!!

Seriously thats all I have to say

GO PotC3 AWE! (AWE= at worlds end)

ok done now. :D
I just lost the game.

76 Reviews

Mon May 28, 2007 8:29 am
Shadowsun says...

I never saw any scene at the end of the Credits.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 pm
Tyd says...

Just saw it today and well, i was quite confused for most of the ride and it did feel like a drag at times, but yeah, it was quite funny and it was quite a nice ending :D
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed May 30, 2007 9:50 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

SPOILERS!

I saw it yesterday or somethin' like that. It was pretty okay, but I have a couple of problems with it:

1. Too many characters, too many subplots, too much everything.
It's getting really difficult to follow everything, and all this excess eventually just gets boring. Result: I almost fell asleep in the theater. I NEVER fall asleep when I'm watching stuff.

2. Calypso in pure goddess form was LAME.
Wow. I mean, I liked that character from the moment she was first introduced. I knew they would do something else with her. But THIS is what I've been waiting for? Irritating yelling, growing really huge and then turning into a buncha crabs, a gentle breeze, a drizzle, and a little swirly whirlpool?

If you're gonna yell, you should say something dramatic like, "You're all DOOMED!".

If you're gonna grow, you should knock something over while you're that size.

If you're gonna turn into crabs, those crabs should be really f'in ANGRY!

If you're gonna mess with the wind, make it a tornado!

If you're gonna make it rain, I want to see it rain blood or fire or SOMETHING!

If you're gonna mess with water, I want a monsoon, a hurricane, or a flood!

In addition, she found out that her Davy Jones was the one that betrayed her. I want her to make him suffer DIRECTLY, mo-fos!

Seriously! Calypso had cooler powers while in human form! I want her back like that.

3. Wow, you're going to have a child hanged in the first scene?
In a Disney movie?! I just can't... WOW!
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed May 30, 2007 11:40 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

sanguine_dreams wrote:3. Wow, you're going to have a child hanged in the first scene?
In a Disney movie?! I just can't... WOW!

It was implied. What actually happened was a large bird came and carried the child off to be fed to her young.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 pm
Sureal says...

I thought it was good - not as good as the first two (of which the origional is the best), but still plenty enjoyable.

I mean, c'mon, a Pirate Brethren Council?

Actually, that's based off real life. There really was once a Pirate Council.
I wrote the above just for you.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn