z

Young Writers Society

Pirates of the Carribean 3

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:00 pm
Ofour says...

I disagree with the majority of critics who say that it is far too complicated, I enjoyed it all the more. However, Kiera Kightley's performance was weak, as was Orlando Bloom's; the enjoyment came from Captain Jack, Barbossa, Davy Jones and the minor characters. It did not have the same timing, for want of a better word, than the first but I felt it matched the second.

I do agree that Calypso as a goddess was not as spectacular as expected. It would have been nice to have a tornado or giant shark or something.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 pm
Sureal says...

Um, did you not see the freaking huge maelstrom? ;)
I wrote the above just for you.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:11 pm
Ofour says...

"did you not see the freaking huge maelstrom" - I did, but the enormous build up implied that she could lift all the ships up with a sneeze and annihilate the world. Perhaps the build up should not have been emphasised so.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

506 Reviews

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:17 pm
Sureal says...

Ah yeah, I see what you mean.

But at any rate, as implied, I'm pretty sure she is incredibly powerful. She did, after all, say that she was going to kill all the pirates. It was only learning that Davy Jones betrayed her that made her stay her hand, and become a neutral party.

Hopefully she'll appear more in future movies?

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:32 pm
Writersdomain says...

I thought it was a very good movie. While rather complicated at times and a bit hard to follow, the acting and the main story was intriguing. I loved the music, then of course, I love any music by Hans Zimmer - the music was probably my favorite part of the film.

I hated it when James Norrington died. He was my favorite character- I'm a sucker for the dynamic characters. :roll:
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:49 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I liked it, Johnny Depp is awesome, but I found it hard to follow. I spent most of my time going "eh?" Loved the scene after the credits, though. Lovely :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:24 pm
Firestarter says...

It was okay.

But *the* most *ridiculous* plot in the entire world.

Also, the East India Company/sailing/uniforms/commands/ship battles made me cringe because they're so fake.

Also, nobody ever ever ever EVER cocks their pistols. They just pull them out fully-cocked. Yeah, sure.

Calypso sucked, she did nothing and that whole plot just didn't work very well.

Depp wasn't very good in this movie. He didn't have the same wit as in the other two, and didn't seem to be enjoying himself as much. I thought Geoffrey Rush was awesome and so was Keith Richards -- just legendary.

Surprisingly, though, the film was complicated but still made more sense than the second one -- in Dead Man's Chest they didn't explain anything very well.

But, yeah, ludicrous.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:59 pm
Rydia says...

But that's the beauty of it! I loved it because it was so insane and imaginative. Johnny Depp was awesome! Can't wait for number four. I just wish I could go down and watch them filming it before they finish. A group of my friends are going but I don't have the time or money =(
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:27 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

Sureal wrote:Um, did you not see the freaking huge maelstrom? ;)

It was NOT "huge". If it were huge, it would've swallowed those ships whole, but no, they could navigate it just friggin' fine, like it was bath water. -_-
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

506 Reviews

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:17 pm
Sureal says...

It was much bigger than anything that could form in real life. Therefore, it was huge.

:)

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:28 pm
Alice says...

I loved it like i loved the first, the second seemed forced, like you have the idea for something big for a beginning and then an end but nothing in the middle! But the third one was wonderful! Its like one of those things you have to see as many times as you can! Like buying a ticket in the morning and sitting there all day!
I just lost the game.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:20 pm
View Likes
Goldenheart says...

I've never seen it, but from reading everyone's posts, I think I can guess what happens. Certainly an unexpected happening, with *insert name here*! Never would have thought it. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever see the movie, because of the elevated gross-ness, etc.
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:26 pm
Rydia says...

But you must, it's awesome!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

sanguine_dreams wrote:
Sureal wrote:Um, did you not see the freaking huge maelstrom? ;)

It was NOT "huge". If it were huge, it would've swallowed those ships whole, but no, they could navigate it just friggin' fine, like it was bath water. -_-

The whole point of that was to create an equal battle field for both sides. Therefore, having them just sink immediately would have been both stupid, and just a pointless ending. Wow, you're hard to impress..
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:27 pm
Ego says...

The movie was garbage. I enjoyed it, but it truly sucked. Perhaps the biggest Big Budget Trashcan in the history of film.

It was COMPLETELY unrealistic. Granted, it's a fantasy. But that DOES NOT exempt human beings from the laws of physics. Like the whole "Look at me I can fight on the crossbeam of a mast in the middle of a Maelstrom without even an effort."

Ridiculous. Acting was subpar (with the exception of Billy Nigghy and Geoffry Rush, who were awesome as always), characters generally sucked, action blew hard, it was just an overall bad movie.

Nice visuals, though.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare