z

Young Writers Society

Pirates of the Carribean 3

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 pm
Teague says...

sabradan wrote:I think the Pirate films, while still awesome are getting more and more rediculous. I mean, c'mon, a Pirate Brethren Council? and (unnamed character) becoming Pirate King? WTF.

There actually was a council of pirates at one point in history. ;)

I thought the film was quite good, actually. Minus all the major anachronisms and factual errors. But no biggie. I don't think the characters lost anything, I found the plot easy to follow. I thought it was good.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:46 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

KazSmurf wrote:
sanguine_dreams wrote:
Sureal wrote:Um, did you not see the freaking huge maelstrom? ;)

It was NOT "huge". If it were huge, it would've swallowed those ships whole, but no, they could navigate it just friggin' fine, like it was bath water. -_-

The whole point of that was to create an equal battle field for both sides. Therefore, having them just sink immediately would have been both stupid, and just a pointless ending. Wow, you're hard to impress..

No, I'm not! I'd just prefer that after all their build up, the revenge constituted a rain of blood and/or fire. The maelstrom was a waste of special effects.
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 am
View Likes
dele24 says...

Well I just saw POTC3 I only went to see it because I wanted to see what happened next. I didn't like POTC2, but the first one was absolutely awesome.

Overall, I think it got better as it went along. I really didn't like the hanging bit, I mean I don't think they showed much, but I wouldn't know, I closed my eyes for some of it (yes I am a wimp when it comes to executions.) It is hard to keep up with the plot sometimes and its interesting to note which character is trying to maneuver events in their favor. I didn't like *insert name here* being captain of the Flying Ducthman, but I loved the way he looked as captain. Also I liked INH as Pirate King, I don't know why, I just did.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:33 am
Esmé says...

Actually, I loved the film :) Loved it, loved it, loved it. The whole series is made up of my faves, lol.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:30 pm
Maybe says...

I really liked Pirates 3 as well. Good action scenes and excellent CG's. I mean, the ship falling down the waterfall at the end of the world!? that was cool.

Haha, at the end (i think it was after the credits) they showed Jack in a tiny boat like in the beginning of the first movie and he was heading for the Fountain of Youth. Haha, i live like two hours from it! (not saying where).

all in all, an awesome movie.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:18 am
Leja says...

If you ignore the thin plot and horrible second movie and instead look at it for purely entertainment value, it wasn't too bad. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow completely saves the trilogy. There are times when I think Orlando Bloom is a horrible actor. Not too many, but they do make me cringe.

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky