z

Young Writers Society

Mac vs. PC

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 pm
Firestarter says...

It depends on what you're planning on mainly doing for it: Gaming is actually 50/50, despite what most people would have you think. Macs are having more and more games for them lately, and they'd run them smoother of course.

50/50 is a bit generous.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Perhaps. You get my point though, it's generally becoming more and more even.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:03 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

No serious gamer would ever buy a Mac to play games, so, therefore, Macs are generally useless gamingwise unless you're content to play "The Sims: Library" or whatever expansion pack they're milking money from these days.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:26 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... I play Word. O_o

*is lame*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:24 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

See here for the general reason on that. Warning: it's got a swear word in it. Also, avoiding viruses on a PC is incredibly easy. 90% of viruses received are the user's own fault.

Macs may seem flashier and fun, but they're like the cool kid at school that everyone wants to be when they're 14, but when you get older, you realise the cool kid was so shallow and idiotic. PCs are more flexible and that's why I love them. You change everything in them and you can fix problems better -- and yes, Macs have problems, never mind the propaganda that they don't. Besides, PCs play all the new video games, Macs are on Quake 2 or something probably.

If you want a few flashy programs like movie editors, photo editors, music editors, and err, that's it, get a Mac, if you want a flexible machine built for theoretically anything, get a PC.

I wonder why everyone's so eager to play up the "hip vs serviceable" angle. It's as if everyone thinks the only way you can get something done is if you come in a charcoal-grey suit. Like it's only on a PC that you can format a flow chart with a businesslike look?

Quite weird, really.

I don't do time.
— Liberty