z

Young Writers Society

Mein Teil!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat May 12, 2007 12:57 pm
Luxor says...

I imagine at least some of you on here are familiar with a German band called Rammstein. Now, I do not like them, but I heard about them because I like another German band called E Nomine. But I digress. Recently I found the music video to their song "Mein Teil" and decided to watch it. Now I'm kind of obsessed with it. It just seems so...provocative in a way. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't even like the song really, but the video...my God. Anyway, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_F9bQPt4yU I would be most obliged if some of you would take the time to watch it and tell me if you find as...weirdly addicting as I do.
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:02 pm
Rydia says...

I think I found it more creepy and strange than addicting but then, I was concentrating on the words quite a lot to see if I could translate some of it.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:53 pm
Dream Deep says...

... we're in precisely opposite circumstances. I love Rammstein to pieces but cannot watch their videos for fear of my eyes bleeding. =P

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:44 pm
just_intoxicated03 says...

ah yes!yes!yes!.. their dark songs combined with creepy videos is a one-two knockout punch for anybody. when i found out what the song was about i wanted to cry.have you watched sonne yet?it's the rammstein video with snow white in it.lol.
Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that... building... thingie... where our beds and TV... is. --Homer Simpson

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:11 am
Emerson says...

Hahah, oh ... goodness.

Yes, like Dreamy I am a hard core Rammstein fan, and mein teil happens to be one of my favorite songs (though the album its self is amazing). It's best once you know what the song is about.

As to the video, it's a real crack up. I have an avatar with Frau on it... XD

In general though, Rammstein is nuts. Just... do not watch the video for mann gegen mann unless you want to scar yourself for the rest of your life. Yes. It's that bad.

I find the meaning and inspiration for the song a lot more consuming than the video--ask dreamy. hahaha.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:05 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Suzanne wrote:Just... do not watch the video for mann gegen mann unless you want to scar yourself for the rest of your life. Yes. It's that bad.

Well great, now you've said that, I have to watch it :roll:
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

2058 Reviews

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:38 pm
Emerson says...

Oh, you poor thing. XD It's really... horrifying. Though the song is awesome.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:45 pm
Twit says...

That video is gross. I didn't listen to the song.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:54 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

ئ twit ئ wrote:That video is gross. I didn't listen to the song.

Ramnstein's great if you can ignore the, you know, lyrics. And any visuals they might care to throw before your horrified eyes. :P
ohmeohmy

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:01 pm
Bjorn says...

Anyone hear of Armin Meiwes? That's where you get this song ;)

I love Rammstein's videos, they are so abstract and thought-provoking (no less the content of their songs!). However, musically, this is not one of my favourites by them.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:04 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

What made me laugh is that in the YouTube comments, when one guy said 'That is so gay and disgusting, I like the song though', another replied 'The vid is not gay you just don't understand what he's saying so you assume it's gay'.

[spoiler]Naked oily men groping and rolling around all over each each other? Gay? Now where would you get that idea?![/spoiler]
The comment is made more ludicrous by the fact that the song is actually about homosexuality (at least, according to Wiki it is - I don't pretend to be a master of the German language).
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

2058 Reviews

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:09 pm
Emerson says...

Yeah, it is about homosexuality. (NOTE: We're talking about Mann gegan Mann ^_~) The song title translates out to "man against man" or, because of the lovely word play German tends to ensue, "Man gay for man" yay, word play!

Armin Meiwes is.... well, I find him horrifying and fascinating all at the same time. He scares the heck out of me, but it's like looking into the sun--it hurts, but you really, really want to.

XD Talking about rammstein is so fun! Where is Dreamy when I need her?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Well, I watched the video for Mann Gegen Mann this morning, didn't have the volume on though because the TV was on and I was too lazy to go get my earphones :P Anyway, I haven't seen anything like it before, but I can't say it particularly bothered me very much.
I will say though, that Rammstein scare me, and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this but the German language scares me a little too. XD
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

2058 Reviews

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:19 pm
Emerson says...

I will say though, that Rammstein scare me, and I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this but the German language scares me a little too. XD

None taken. XD They scare me too. German is really harsh, but I've fallen in love with it. It's a very strong, heavy language, but it's sooo fun. XD

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:58 pm
tinny says...

Ahh, my German teacher hated Rammstein, she was pretty surprised that people in our class liked them, even though we could translate the lyrics ^^
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare