z

Young Writers Society

Script Frenzy '07!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat May 12, 2007 2:32 am
Via says...

Is anyone doing it this year? It's in June, and its currently devouring my thoughts over my MaNoWriMo--which is not good.

If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, go to http://www.ScriptFrenzy.org and it will tell you!

Who's doing it? Hmm? Hmm?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat May 12, 2007 8:48 am
Tyd says...

Lol at first i thought this was programming =X

I'm not going to be doing it; i plan on doing some much needed grinding through my story and i'm going to be quite busy with other things i expect :p

But good luck to those who are, and you!
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 12, 2007 11:41 pm
Denouement says...

I am!
I've been mulling over several plot ideas for the last few days. Letting them ferment in my mind. I really want to write a noir/thriller, but so far my plot ideas are rather hole filled and juvenile.

Hope i shape something soon, i have 19 days so it shouldn't be too much of a problem

Good luck to anyone else getting their teeth into this as well!
Last edited by Denouement on Sat May 12, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat May 12, 2007 11:45 pm
Emerson says...

NO DO MANOWRIMO WRITE ME!!!!

like I said, I might join you in your try for script frenzy...and fail! I care more about stories ><
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed May 23, 2007 11:17 pm
Zebus says...

Can't wait! I already have most of my script played out in my head. I know the characters, whats going to happen, everything... It is taking every ounce of my willpower not to start writing until the 1st!
"Behind this mask there is more then flesh; there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet proof."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed May 23, 2007 11:19 pm
Emerson says...

eh.. I probably won't T_T

I'm just not good enough at writing scripts yet, if I'm good at it at all! I've written one, and it was a fan fic. I'll have to work on this before next June rolls around.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu May 24, 2007 2:34 am
snap says...

I don't do scripts. I really wish I did, though. I could see myself really getting into it...if I was any good. :) Truth be told, I even find dialogue challenging in my novels. And I don't even have time for maynowrimo right now, unfortunately. :(
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu May 24, 2007 5:22 am
LowKey says...

I'd LOVE to do that!!!!!

...but I don't know how to write scripts... :cry:

I can learn, though! :D
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu May 24, 2007 5:58 am
Zebus says...

Dreamer wrote:I'd LOVE to do that!!!!!

...but I don't know how to write scripts... :cry:

I can learn, though! :D

The site has plenty of info on how write scripts. Also, the program Celtx is free and makes formatting a snap.

http://celtx.com/
"Behind this mask there is more then flesh; there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet proof."

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott