z

Young Writers Society

Little girl Madeleine still missing in Praia da Luz Portugal

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri May 11, 2007 5:24 pm
miyaviloves says...

BBC news says:

Police with dogs searched the McCann's holiday apartment again on Thursday evening.

The Portuguese police's Chief Inspector Olegario de Sousa said ground searches, which have covered nearly 80 square miles, were being scaled back as the results had been "zero".

But he insisted officers were doing all they could to find Madeleine.

Mr Sousa said Madeleine's parents, and several of their British friends, had been interviewed again on Thursday, but there were "no suspicions on them".

Media reports about leads have focused on CCTV footage from a petrol station on the night of Madeleine's disappearance

But many people have said that the police in Portugal have not been searching well enough, and when they asked the public if they knew anything about Madeleine most people said no, more people in England know about it.

I was just wondering what you think about all of this? How the police are handling the situation? Any opinions?

Meevs
Bag.

Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun May 13, 2007 11:22 am
Tyd says...

Well, i feel sorry for the parents, like anyone would, but even more-so, it was the little girls birthday yesterday- i think x.x
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

566 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2007 11:24 am
miyaviloves says...

Yeah it was yesterday.

But in some ways I think the parents have themselves to blame, I wouldn't leave children as young as that alone in a room, even if they did check up every half an hour. But I still hope that everything turns out for the best with them.

Still, It's such a sad case, but there is still hope that they will find her. I think they got some video footage of her with two males and a female near the hotel??? But i can't be sure, Im a bit vague on the details of that.

Meevs xx
Bag.

Got YWS?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun May 13, 2007 1:44 pm
Via says...

It is sad, very sad. And yes, I think it was bad judgement on the parents part as well.

But I think that's it weird how much media attention the case is getting? Literally thousands of child go missing everyday, most return home but still a few don't, but we don't hear about them. It's just odd.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

566 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2007 1:48 pm
miyaviloves says...

Yeah, the media has gone crazy over it, but apparently the parents requested that it was kept in the headlines.

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 am
Imelda says...

I think it's terrible that they're offerin gmoney for her return. What kind of message does that send out to people? 'Kidnap children and you too can get millions of pounds!!!' ... it's not ideal. I can understand that they're frantic, but in the end they didn't care enough about their children to stay in the house with them ... they made their own bed.

I feel sorry for Maddy's siblings: they're going to hate their parents in the future for what they did.

566 Reviews

Wed May 16, 2007 1:36 pm
miyaviloves says...

I agree with the money reward thing.

David beckham has now joined the campaign to find Maddie, but I can't help that think that no matter how many celebrities join the campiagn it's not going to help find her.

I am now starting to feel terribly sorry the whole family, they must be staryting to loose all their hope now, it's terribly sad.

meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

miyaviloves wrote:I am now starting to feel terribly sorry the whole family, they must be staryting to loose all their hope now, it's terribly sad.

meevs
x

Yes, 'cause they're now thinking that she's been taken out of the country. If that's the case, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever find her.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Reviews: 4
Thu May 24, 2007 8:41 pm
Anthaslunula says...

They have put in a lot of effort to keep it in the headlines - the whole media campeign is teh family. The more people that now, the more chance there is that someone would recognise her if tehy saw her, I guess...

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Fri May 25, 2007 7:17 am
BrokenSword says...

miyaviloves wrote:
But in some ways I think the parents have themselves to blame, I wouldn't leave children as young as that alone in a room, even if they did check up every half an hour. But I still hope that everything turns out for the best with them.

I have to agree...you just can't leave two 2 year olds and a 3 year old child alone in a hotel room while you go and have dinner. It's extremely dangerous. Still, it is very sad and I hope they find her safe.

What orators lack in depth they make up for in length.
— Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu