z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Society Copyright Policy (discussion)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 10, 2007 1:07 am
Nate says...

I'm finally going to go ahead and write down the Young Writers Society Copyright policy. Before I do so however, I want to seek members' input on the policy.

The Young Writers Society respects the intellectual property of its members and all original work remains the property in whole of its creator. No works, graphics, or other original creations may be reused or published without the explicit permission of its creator.

The Young Writers Society has a zero-tolerance policy toward plagiarism. Any member who infringes upon the intellectual property of its original creator will be banned permanently from the site.

If you believe a member of the site has misused or infringed upon the rights of your's or another's intellectual property then please provide Nate, Firestarter, or Meshugenah with documentation supporting your claim.

By e-mail:
webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 am
Emerson says...

Sounds lovely! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be discussing...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2007 1:12 am
Nate says...

Claudette wrote:Sounds lovely! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be discussing...

If there's anything you feel like is missing, or if the policy makes you uneasy in any way, just let me know. It's meant to reassure authors on the site that their work on the site remains theirs.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 am
RatchetWriter says...

Hey Thank you for adressing this matter Nate!

I have been wary to post anything on this site yet, because of this fact, even though everyone is friendly.

I guess I'll go right ahead and post something soon then. :)

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu May 10, 2007 1:34 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

Sounds great to me.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu May 10, 2007 1:41 am
JC says...

I like this, it makes me feel much better. I would hate to find that somebody is taking others works.

I'm sure this will make a lot more people willing to post more, and thus make YWS that much more diverse! hehe

Thanks Nate!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat May 12, 2007 3:23 pm
Ares says...

So we can publish our stuff in the real world even if it's on this site?

If we have proof that it's ours, that is?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat May 12, 2007 3:24 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

A weight off my mind :D Thanks, Nate!
ohmeohmy

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat May 12, 2007 3:26 pm
Crysi says...

Sounds great, Nate!

Yeah, this might get me writing a little more -- I've never been TOO worried about it, especially with poetry and short stories that I haven't been too attached to, but I'm always hesitant to post things near and dear to my heart. Maybe, just maybe, I'll start posting things again. ;)
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2007 3:27 pm
Nate says...

Ares wrote:So we can publish our stuff in the real world even if it's on this site?

If we have proof that it's ours, that is?

You don't lose control over your work no matter where you post it on the web. It's always yours, so you're always able to publish it in the real world even if it's on this site, or any other site for that matter.

If you post it under your name, then we automatically assume it's your intellectual property.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat May 12, 2007 3:29 pm
Crysi says...

True, Nate, although I've heard that publishers don't like to publish works that have been posted online. I originally heard it was because the sites might claim copyright or something, but I've never really heard any official story on it.
Love and Light

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed May 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Ares says...

Cool. Thanks.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:33 pm
aestar101 says...

Thank you! Before I was worried about posting my work.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 pm
Rei says...

Crysi wrote:True, Nate, although I've heard that publishers don't like to publish works that have been posted online. I originally heard it was because the sites might claim copyright or something, but I've never really heard any official story on it.

This is true. Although there is no legal reason for them not to publish it if it's on a site like this, they would consider it a bad business decision to print something that people can read for free.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 pm
Aedomir says...

Great someone actually wrote this down!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire