z

Young Writers Society

Spiderman 3

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue May 08, 2007 6:22 pm
Tyd says...

Have you seen it yet? I watched it on Friday(now Tuesday) and i really, really enjoyed it. Alot more than the second one too, which i didn't really like :P

There was a lot happening in this film, lots of different plots and stories to follow and they all met at the end and were resolved.

I especially loved Parker doing the dancing :D

Your views :D?
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 08, 2007 7:17 pm
RatchetWriter says...

Just saw it saturday.

I agree with you, it was better than the second one. It seemed more thought over than 2, like it wasn't just a hasty throw-together-for-some-money deal.

I thought it was neat that an hour into the show it was just begining to introduce new characters.

My favorite villain had to be Harry. (that hoverboard is SO cool) :D
I didn't really consider the sandman to be a villain. Poor guy.

Anyways it was way cool!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 08, 2007 7:21 pm
Goldenheart says...

What I liked about it, among other things, was the feeling of time passing. It felt like weeks passed during the course of the story. There was lots of action, and it took a little concentration to keep the storylines straight, but it was still pretty cool.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but the dancing was my LEAST favorite part.

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue May 08, 2007 7:43 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Haven't seen it yet, hopefully will sometime soon. I've heard that he goes all emo during the black suit period...?? I do love that black suit though... It looks good, can't wait to see venom!

Did you hear they're planning to do another three movies? It sounds like a bad idea to me. You'd think they would have learned by now to quit while they're ahead, leave on a high... not squeeze every penny they can from a stale franchise, as it will undoubtedly become.

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Tue May 08, 2007 7:55 pm
miyaviloves says...

I saw it the other day. I must admit I was a little dissapointed. Venom was only in it for like half an hour!!!

Plus i thought it was a little long, but that might just be me, I can't sit still for that long and my legs went numb :( BUt i loved it all the same :D

I've heard that he goes all emo during the black suit period...??

I laughed out loud when he dressed all in black and strtted around, and the whole fringe sweep, was cinema gold that was.

Did you hear they're planning to do another three movies?

Gosh, I hope that they don't, it would definatly ruin it, poeple would get bored (But would still go and watch them).

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue May 08, 2007 8:04 pm
Emerson says...

Loved it.

Loved that jazz music in it.

Thought it was funny how "evil" peter parker looked rather emo XD (in the hair, at least. He kept putting it in his eyes.)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 pm
Firestarter says...

Damn booked up cinema.

Haven't seen it yet because it's too popular.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue May 08, 2007 8:36 pm
Sureal says...

Jack: that's a blessing in desguise. I watched it in a full cinema, and the experience was really damaged by random groups of idiots who giggled during all of the dramatic and emtional scenes. My advice - wait till everyone's bored of it, then go.

Highlights:

- VENOM!
- Peter goes emo, and actually looks quasi-cool.
- The whole black suit thing was done really well.
- Harry is awesome, and owns his dad in every department,
- MJ's bit was well done too,
- Bruce Campbell gets another cameo (french waiter) - his best yet.

Drawbacks:

- Sandman,
- Venom's only in it for like the final twenty minutes,
- Harry at the end,
- Venom reeks of unused potential, so much so that it almost makes me feel ill,
- Too long.

Meh:

- The rather opaque message.

Enjoyable, but the final half hour or so, and the weak handling of the baddies, really lets the movie down.

My opinion? They should have cut out Sandman altogether, concentrated on Venom and the blacksuit in this movie, and worked on Harry in the next. By trying to string all these things together, it weakens the movie.
I wrote the above just for you.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue May 08, 2007 9:47 pm
Tyd says...

Lol yeah, the waiter seen was quite funny :P Where he is going to propose to MJ :D lololol ^_^
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 13, 2007 12:00 am
Firestarter says...

It was better than I expected it to be, but the tone of the movie wasn't as good. They're making Spiderman into a bit of a wimp.

He needs to kick more ass, not forgive those damn villains!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat May 19, 2007 2:23 pm
The Box says...

Best part ever.

After that moment, I would always turned to my friends and pointed out the general motifs and imagery of the work. Like in the shower scene after he abandons the symboite, I turned to my friend, "he's purging himself" and the pointers that Harry and Peter are foils of each other since they're both hunting down in the name of revenge of their paternal figures.

I agree with most here, there was too much trying to happen at once in the movie. What compensates for the misery I accumulated with the overboard of characters is the way Harry would smile at me. I fall for that smile.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat May 19, 2007 5:43 pm
Black Ghost says...

I'm sorry to say that I thought this movie kinda failed plot-wise. The action was good, but I really think the first two movies were MUCH better. There were too many villains and this movie just felt like it was put together to make money. And the part that I absolutely hated was when the butler made his spectacular revelation at the end, WHICH HE SHOULD HAVE MADE TWO MOVIES AGO.

I'm done ranting.

-Tony

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 19, 2007 11:29 pm
Areida says...

I liked it.

I won't say it's my favorite movie ever, but I've never really been Spiderman crazy.

The Box - I LOVE you for posting that! My sisters and friends and I have not stopped laughing about that since we saw it last week. Abso-freakin'-lutely priceless. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat May 19, 2007 11:37 pm
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

Meh. It was ok. I don't think the last two movies have surpassed the first.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 19, 2007 11:56 pm
Firestarter says...

I agree with Waffles.

However, having seen it twice now (not out of particular need, but just because it ... happened) I've come to the conclusion it's actually quite good.

Contrary to most people, I think the three villains thing was done rather well.

Bananas
— looseleaf