z

Young Writers Society

Curse of the Golden Flower

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun May 06, 2007 11:03 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Alright, so I don't know if you don't like Chinese movies or not, but this movie was pretty good. The graphics were nice, the costumes were intricate and beautiful, and the backdrop was just as opulent as any other Chinese-produced movie.

It features Gong Li, and Chow Yun Fat (formerly of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), who also used to be real-life lovers. Jay Chou, a Chinese and talented singer, is also featured in this film as his second movie produced.

Overall, due to the actors' magnificent portrayal of a- crudely put- messed-up imperial family, and the intense feelings of betrayal, slaughter, and love, I rate this movie a 8 out of 10. For those who saw the movie and hated it, let me remind you that in order to truly appreciate the movie, think about the feelings of the actors, the big shoes they had to fill in such a devastated society of the Tang dynasty. This movie is truly inspiring, and it is worth to watch if you're a sucker for a bit of romance, drama, and love watching intricate characters truly come to life through Gong Li and Chow Yun Fat's emperor/empress characters.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat May 12, 2007 5:30 pm
Night Mistress says...

I didn't like the movie.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker