Young Writers Society

Rhode Island Moves 2008 Presidential Primary To Tomorrow

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:32 pm
Nate says...

Rhode Island Votes To Move 2008 Primary To Tomorrow

April 18, 2007 | Issue 43•16

PROVIDENCE, RI—The Rhode Island legislature has passed a law moving the state's presidential primary to tomorrow, forcing candidates from both parties to hastily revise their schedules and platforms.

"I love Rhode Island, always have—especially the people," said Sen. John Edwards while being briefed on Rhode Island politics aboard a plane bound for Providence. "Just because it's a small state doesn't mean it's not important. Frankly, I've always believed Rhode Island, or the 'Ocean State,' as I prefer to call it, should be much bigger—an issue on which my opponents have remained curiously silent."

Former Gov. Mitt Romney announced his intention to release a 10-point plan addressing the issues that most deeply affect Rhode Islanders, as soon as he and his staff figure out what those issues are.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_br ... es_to_move

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:17 am
Teague says...

Interesting... so Edwards is saying he wants to make RI bigger? Seems like an odd thing to want, but meh.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Umm ... I think this ia satire piece. Pretty funny too.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain