z

Young Writers Society

33 Dead in College Shooting

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 pm
Incandescence says...

I'm not even seperating myself from this. I don't pretend to be better; if people were shot down in Britain at a college I'd pay more attention. Of course. What I'm asking is, why? If we're going to move to a better world, we need to see all these events as tragic, not just the ones that directly affect our lives. Societies should stop being independent. I know that's a futile idealistic dream, but I still stand by my statements.

I disagree with this thesis, though I won't elaborate on it here, and will not post further on it, but I think what Kierkegaard said is true: If we have to love our neighbor, then the best neighbor is a dead neighbor.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:44 am
Alteran says...

It's just sad. Even with his videos we can never truely understand why he did it. All we can do is continue on and try to prevent it from happening again. Usually this time period in a persons life, when they are going to college, they feel young and invincible(I too am guilty of this) but now we've realized that we're not. This could have so easily happened anywhere.

It's just another sad day in a sad world. and we continue to cry what seems to be an endless river because as long as people exist, we will continue to kill each other. A sad truth I have come to realize.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:32 am
View Likes
Kitkat_1122_ says...

That's just sad and scary.
One of my teacher's today pointed out that that amount of people was like some guy breaking into our school and killing everyone in our class...which is pretty scary. Today at my school we had a minute of silence to honor those who were shot.

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne