z

Young Writers Society

So I'm going to wear a uniform...

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:44 pm
Esmé says...

Yup. Since the next school year. Senate passed it. Urgh. :( I suppose it won't be that bad, but still...

They are so not going tp make me wear a skirt. I protest.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:52 pm
wysteria says...

I think that'd be cool. as long as it's one of the cool ones like you see in the movies.

O_O
how many lands behind me? how many seas?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:58 pm
Lancrist says...

I am from Australia, and over there everyone wears school uniforms.

Several reasons justifying uniforms:

1) Theoretically makes students from different cliques etc more equal because they're all wearing the same clothes

2) Students from a particular school are readily identifiable by their uniform, this can be for good reasons such as promoting the school's good image or recognizing troublemakers

3) Girls don't have to worry about choosing what to wear! :O

You'll get used to it. -shrug-

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:50 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

*shudders at the thought of wearing uniforms* I know wearing them can promote equality and all that, but I prefer not to look like everyone else. I'd protest against having to wear a skirt as well, i'd hate that. *shudders again at the thought of wearing a skirt every day*
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:04 am
LowKey says...

Wear pants under the skirt. :wink:
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:29 am
Dream Deep says...

I used to have to wear a uniform before I became homsechooled. Catholic school-girl skirt, too. Navy blue plaid, white blouse and a tie. Good times, good times... at least they let us wear nylons in winter. ;)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:57 am
Areida says...

It's fun sometimes. You don't have to obesses over what you're going to wear in the morning, but there are enough choices that it's not completely wretched. Plus it's a blast joking about your "dorkiforms" with your friends. ;)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:35 am
Shriek says...

I WORE A UNIFORM AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT. It helped that they were cute, and I didn't have to worry about what to wear day in and day out. As a college kid now, it takes me forever to pick out what to wear.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:28 am
Lancrist says...

HeadInTheClouds wrote:*shudders at the thought of wearing uniforms* I know wearing them can promote equality and all that, but I prefer not to look like everyone else. I'd protest against having to wear a skirt as well, i'd hate that. *shudders again at the thought of wearing a skirt every day*

You won't look like everyone else. -Points at your FACE-

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:40 am
Teague says...

Ick... uniforms. Round here only private schools have that stuff. And some of those schools are slightly sexist. One of our local private schools makes only girls wear a uniform while the boys can wear whatever they want.

I digress. I'm just glad I enjoy the benefits of public education.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:17 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, all schools over here where uniforms, private or no. Personally, I prefer it. I have enough problems without worrying about what to wear.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:33 am
Teague says...

Eh... if I was the type of girl who spent 83u595689486 kajillion hours deciding on what to wear and how to do my hair and makeup and shit like that, I'd probably care more. I just think that stuff's really pointless and shallow and people should quit whinging about it.

IMO.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:46 pm
The Jesseble says...

Ah, uniforms aren't that bad. It's just the rules behind them...they are pretty pointless and very irriating when you find that you can't walk anywhere without being lectured by a teacher. At my school, uniform has a higher priority than bullying...which is probably the worst decision of the century.

I have a wear a blazer and tie...even though i'm a girl. Geez imagine if boys had to wear skirts, that would be just as humiliating (well maybe not ^^; )

Tj
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:53 pm
Via says...

We never had uniforms in our schools. They talked about it one year, but then it went away like no one ever said anything about it in the first place. I just don't like them because 9/10 times they involve females wearing skirts...which makes them have to shave their legs every morning--and I am just wayyy to lazy for that lol.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:37 pm
Chandni says...

I'm from Curacao and all schools here have uniforms as well even though it's not that strict since we only have to wear a polo with the school logo on top.
The polos come in different colors at least 6 I think. Under the polo you are free to wear everything except for skirts and shorts that are above your knees. We also have a badge which was added to our uniform a year ago, it's simply an identity card with your grade, name and a picture of yourself on top. You're supposed to wear it on top of your uniform but no one ever does that anymore lol.

this is my class photo, find me! lol

I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying