z

Young Writers Society

Australia Has Edged Out Canada!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:42 am
Nate says...

Well, on YWS. Despite having 12 million fewer people, and despite being on the complete opposite side of the world from YWS' home base, Australia is now the third most active country on YWS, and has pushed Canada to fourth. First is the United States, and second is the United Kingdom.

And not only that, but New Zealand is gaining as well! And India, a country that wasn't anywhere close to the top 10 a year ago, is now number 8.

Here's the full listing:

1) United States
2) United Kingdom
3) Australia
4) Canada
5) New Zealand
6) Ireland
7) Netherlands Antilles
8 ) India
9) Japan
10) Poland

Also, visits to YWS come from a grand total of 78 countries with number 78 being Nigeria.
Last edited by Nate on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:47 am
Jiggity says...

Awesome!! Woo, Australia!! I'd like to say that this is entirely due to me and my active participation. *bows* Thank you, thank you. *waves to adoring crowds* Its all part of the job.

Ahem. Anyway, its cool that you can tell from which countries people are accessing the site. A lot more people come here then previously thought lol.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:53 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Sweet! I had no idea we had this many visitors!

And it really is cool that you can tell which countries people are visiting from...:this idea is out of imagination for Baroness, the helpless tech-idiot, who bleats for assistance from wiser souls when comp shuts down automatically:

Really makes you want to spiff up the poetry, eh? ;)
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:00 am
Emerson says...

Netherlands Antilles — Chandni! *rah rah rah*

Yay for Poland as well. It's odd though, I only know one polish person on the site, or maybe two?

I suppose this shows the spread of the English language as well, since there are several non English speaking countries. Of course, a lot of those countries are also very linguistic...

I wonder when Germany or France will show up...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:02 am
Nate says...

Here are the top 10 US states as well:

1) California
2) Illinois
3) Missouri
4) New York
5) Texas
6) Pennsylvania
7) Michigan
8 ) Ohio
9) Wisconsin
10) Minnesota

If you were to separate the United States then include that in the countries list, California, Illinois, Missouri, New York, and Texas would be 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 respectively (#1 being the UK in this case). The remainder of the top 10 US states come after Oz & Canada, but before New Zealand.

425 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:04 am
Nate says...

Claudette ->> Germany is number 16, and France is number 30.

BTW, if anyone is wondering, all the data is only from the past month (March 12 to April 12 2007). Expanding it back to August doesn't change things much, but it does put Canada back on top of Australia, and the number of countries grows to 112.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:12 am
gyrfalcon says...

Dude....
And Missouri is #3 state, yay!!! "I *heart* St. Louis"
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:13 am
Emerson says...

Germany should hurry up.

Et, allez plus rapidement, la france!

My two favorite countries (excluding Russian? How could I...) need to be up there somewhere so I can parle avec le gens dans la france and stuff like that!

You're so cool, Nate, dropping us statistics randomly =p

EDIT: Yeah... us Missourians are kicking butt. We need to have a party (that I'm actually invited to)!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:16 am
Royboy says...

*sniff* that's not fair! CA is so big! And Maryland isn't even on there! *cries in her corner*
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

425 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:34 am
Nate says...

Royboy wrote:*sniff* that's not fair! CA is so big! And Maryland isn't even on there! *cries in her corner*

lol, that's my fault. Maryland probably would be in the top 10, but I automatically exclude my IP address from all the statistics. If I didn't, Maryland would probably be in the top 10. Right now it's number 12.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:36 am
Trident says...

Lol, I didn't expect Wisconsin to be in the top ten. I might have something to do with that. ^_^
Perception is everything.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:03 am
Jiggity says...

Can I, by my lonesome, knock the UK off its pedestal at number two? Hmmm, not without going sleepless for a year methinks, not to mention giving up uni.

Very well. It can stay as it is now, but soon, SOON! *cackles madly*
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:44 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I have a feeling im the only one in my state on yws that is even semi-active.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:46 am
sabradan says...

W00t Illinois. CHI-TOWWWN!!!

ahem.

What number rank is Israel on that list, Chimpy?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:13 am
Dynamo says...

What the- Canada's taking it in the pants again? That won't go over well with some of us. Maybe we'll vent our rage by burning down the White House again.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane