z

Young Writers Society

The Golden Compass coming to theaters this December

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Cool huh? I'd heard they were making a movie of it, but I didn't find out until yesterday that they had already filmed it and it's coming to theaters this December. I don't think there's an official trailer yet but there is a snippet of 'making of' footage that you can get a link to from http://www.Imdb.com along with a good bit of info about the film. So, any thoughts, comments, or predictions about the film?
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:07 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

From all the screenshots and everything, it looks really good. I hate the title though. Northern Lights is so much better. And no, I don't have a reason why. Don't question the logic, accept it!

Anyways, hopefully it will be good, it's made by the same studio as LOTR, so it should be up to that standard. I'm preparing myself for any disappointment though. It is annoying that theses films can only be about three hours long. They can't capture the essence of the book.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:07 pm
wysteria says...

yes! i am so excited and i doubt that i will be able to wait until december.
i think it's eva green that they've got to play serafina. that's a great choice in my opinion.
how many lands behind me? how many seas?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:21 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Yes, Eva Green is a great choice for any film. *cough*

I do agree Northern Lights is a better name, because that's the *real* name of it, and not the publisher's choice.

Anyway, I can't wait for it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:34 pm
Sureal says...

Although the Northern Lights is a better name, The Golden Compass fits in with the sequals' names, which are both also named after an object.

I'm looking forwards to this movie - they better not mess it up. ;)
I wrote the above just for you.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:36 pm
Cade says...

WHAT?! A movie? They're going to ruin it! Arrrggggh.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:21 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

You never know, Cadmium. Keep faith. It's all we have.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:59 am
Snoink says...

AH! DANIEL! *glomps*

I love it already. :D So it better be good!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver