z

Young Writers Society

Seen Any Movies Lately?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:06 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yes, I know this topic was already made a while back by ZZAP or Korin, I think, but it died down...a lot...

So, have you seen any good movies lately. Care to review them on here? Go ahead.

I saw Boogeyman last week, and it was a pretty good movie. It wasn't very scary but it had very startling moments. The ending sucked, and I didn't really understand it, but they did that to leave an opening for a sequel. I give it an 8/10.

I'm going to see Constantine this week. Anyone seen it yet? It opens today.
Last edited by electricbluemonkey on Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:37 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I saw Meet The Fockers on Wednesday. It wasn't really great, but it was a good movie, I'd recommend it, especially if you've seen Meet The Parents.We did Orange Wednesdays and got a free ticket :)

What's Constantine all about then? I saw the trailer but I couldn't really gather much from it, except...he sees evil or hell or something? Looks interesting, anyway.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:22 pm
Areida says...

Constantine does look good...Keanu Reeves is a really good actor. I saw Finding Neverland the other week and I loved it. For starters, they had an amazing cast: Dustin Hoffman, Kate Winslet, Julie Christie, and of course Johnny Depp. It was just..incredible. I was planning to see the Phantom of the Opera, but when you live in a loser town they take away the good movies really quickly. Grr. ](*,)
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 pm
Sam says...

I saw Napoleon Dynamite. 'nuff said.

0/10 for plot. 10/10 for originality.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:26 am
Firestarter says...

Ocean's Twelve. Was really, really bad.

Meet the Fockers was rubbish too.

Assualt on Precinct 13 was decent, but nothing special.

Movies these days are terrible.

418 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:19 am

Yes, they are.

I thought Assaul on Precint 13 would be crap. Was it really actually good?
Ocean's 12 was pretty good. It had a much, much worse plot than Ocean's 11, but it was funny and a pretty good movie.
Meet the Fockers was hilarious, although Meet the Parents had a much better storyline and plot. And the name sort of sticks out...if you know what I mean...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:50 am
Auhbrei says...

I saw boogyman last Saturday..it was a pretty good movie, until the end. The end totally ruined the entire movie. What was up with him going in on closet and coming out in a totally different one? If I was the Boogyman I would have just killed him the moment he stepped in the closet, but I guess thats just me. When they showed the boggyman for the first time my friend and I cracked up..how fake looking was that! lol!

I saw Meet the Fockers a month ago..very funny! I loved it! 2 thumbs up! I also watched Napolian Dinomite and the whole time I was watching the movie I was like WTF?!?! If anyone knows what that movie was suppost to be about, please inform me.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:13 pm
Nate says...

I hated Meet The Fockers... Ben Stiller used to be funny, but all his movies are the same; it gets really tiring after a while.

Didn't much care for Ocean's 12 either.

I saw Constatine last night, and I thought it was really, really good. It's very much like the Matrix - Constantine and Neo are essentially the same character from personality down to their role in the plot - and it has great special effects. Just to give people an idea of the plot; God and the devil made a wager for the souls of mankind long ago and angels must stay in heaven while demons stay in hell. That is called keeping the balance, and it's being upset somewhat so Constantine is trying to fix it.

The movie, I thought, is great and there is definitely more to it than just special effects. But there are some parts that just don't make sense, and some of the finer details of the plot make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:18 pm
Elizabeth says...

Last night at 9 30 PM I saw Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events

OMG they totally messed u the movie and it wal all wrong

I love Lemony Snicket but I hate what Hollywood has done to the ultimate book series

I liked the Aunt Josephine part in the Wide Window part. that was funny... seeing as to the realtors are her greatest fear.

Jim Carey was teh greatest and he really brougt out the goofy Count Olaf and he as pretty much the only good thing. Klaus was adorable and so was Sunny and Violet was pretty but she was Goth.... looked it anyway which was kinda messed up...

418 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:26 pm

Nate wrote:I saw Constatine last night, and I thought it was really, really good. It's very much like the Matrix - Constantine and Neo are essentially the same character from personality down to their role in the plot - and it has great special effects. Just to give people an idea of the plot; God and the devil made a wager for the souls of mankind long ago and angels must stay in heaven while demons stay in hell. That is called keeping the balance, and it's being upset somewhat so Constantine is trying to fix it.

The movie, I thought, is great and there is definitely more to it than just special effects. But there are some parts that just don't make sense, and some of the finer details of the plot make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, Constantine was great. Although, what was stupid was that, you know every time you go to Hell time stops. How would the world precede then because someone has to go to Hell at least every second. And why would water be the conductor to be able to go to Hell?! Theres probably going to be a sequel though, because they just left you hanging after John gave Angie the Sword of Destiny...dun dun dun...

Other than that it was a really great movie, and the plot was amazing, although sometimes hard to understand. All I can say now is..."I'm Constantine...John Constantine, a$$hole." Hehehe, good times, good times...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:46 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Okay you totally sold me on that movie. I'ma have to go see Constantine now :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

418 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:01 pm

And you should. Its great. Keanu Reeves is awesome for the part of Constantine. Although the movie is a little slow at times and you're just at the edge of your seat looking at the screen blankly, it was really good.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:07 am
Nate says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:
Yeah, Constantine was great. Although, what was stupid was that, you know every time you go to Hell time stops. How would the world precede then because someone has to go to Hell at least every second. And why would water be the conductor to be able to go to Hell?! Theres probably going to be a sequel though, because they just left you hanging after John gave Angie the Sword of Destiny...dun dun dun...

Yeah, I didn't quite get that either. I guess maybe if you're just visiting, then time stops???

I saw The Incredibles yesterday finally, and it was great. It was playing at the cinema on campus, and everyone was laughing the entire way through. However, the shorts that showed before the movie were pretty lame...

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:58 am
lin night says...

Constantine was alright. Keanu Reeves had some nice one-liners (albeit his dead dead DEADpan was laughable at times - i.e. when he first talks to the half-breed angel) and you can't beat the shot of him flicking off Satan at the end. However, the plot was a bit too confusing for its own good, and the videogame theatrics in the climax were groan-inducing. I liked the somewhat unconventional resolution, though. Overall a better film than the trailers would have you to believe but certainly not a masterpiece or even a qualifiably great comic book movie.

I just finished You Can Count on Me. It's a surprisingly good family drama about a woman's relationship with her troubled brother. The fairly conventional plot trajectory is punctuated by phenomenal performances from Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo.

418 Reviews

Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:23 pm

Nate wrote:Yeah, I didn't quite get that either. I guess maybe if you're just visiting, then time stops???

Hmm, I think that only happens when you cross over to Hell, not when you die, but then again John didnt die in the part with the cat, did he?

The Incredibles. I barely remember about that movie. Is it even still playing in theatres? Well, it was an okay movie. It was funny at times, but kind of corny, but I expect that from a Pixar/Disney movie. It was a pretty good movie, and the effects and animation was top notch. 8/10

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat