z

Young Writers Society

Seen Any Movies Lately?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed May 11, 2005 1:38 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I usually dont go for musicals but is POTO really THAT good? I mean, really.
Last edited by electricbluemonkey on Tue May 17, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 11, 2005 2:02 am
Areida says...

It is... and yeah, mg89... my sister has threatened to break my soundtrack in half if I don't quit listening to it... LOL... and it's probably not the music that bothers her as much as me singing it.. :wink:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed May 11, 2005 2:14 am
Galatea says...

PotO was...decent. It was the first show I saw on stage, so the more and more I see the movie, the less and less I enjoy it. Plus, as a singer, I take REAL issue with Emmy-whats-her-name's OBVIOUS lipsynching.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed May 11, 2005 2:30 am
Areida says...

I guess she'd never lip-synced before... but she did do all her own singing, it was just pre-recorded. I have no gripes with Emmy Rossum...she's only 17 and if you can sing like that at 17 I can let a few bad lip-syncing moments slide...she's incredible.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed May 11, 2005 2:54 am
Galatea says...

Peh. I generally don't brag. I don't like doing it. Yet my singing is the one thing I am very willing to brag on, and at 18, after years of training, I have 1000x the voice Emmy Rossem does. The pre-recording is understandible. However, spread vowels, bad placement, and incorrect breathing are not. Especially in a Lloyd Webber piece. Ick.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun May 15, 2005 2:16 pm
IGuessImAnUnderwaterThing says...

I saw "Being John Malkovich" at a friends house a couple of nights ago. Such a head trip. I normally hate Cameron Diaz but she was really great. And John Cusack, as always, was wonderful... I adore him. It was a really well done movie. And they played Bjork during the credits... that made me feel all fuzzy.
You're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun May 15, 2005 2:46 pm
Lollipop says...

I saw Creep. It was really good. It wasn't scary: just gorey and brilliant!
Way hay!!!!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue May 17, 2005 2:58 pm
Kay Kay says...

I saw national treasure!!! It was awesome! I also saw In good company and napolian dinamite (can't spell)
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Fri May 20, 2005 3:23 am
lin night says...

Revenge of the Sith is a lot better than Episode 1 and 2 but nowhere near a great film. One can only imagine the possibilities had the script been in more capable hands. Though Lucas isn't completely to blame. Natalie Portman's acting single-handedly brought the entire movie down. At least the other actors made an effort to work with these lines.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri May 20, 2005 3:25 am
Ego says...

Natalie Portman sucked, the rest of the movie was GREAT. ...the sappy love scenes were REALLY SUPER UBER DUPER Cheesy. Period. Everything else was pretty damned good.

Reviews: 2
Fri May 27, 2005 7:48 am
tinkerbell_09 says...

I saw Kingdom of Heaven. It's a film starring Orlando Bloom. aND he plays Richard the Lionheart. The story has a historical background. And I think the movie's fine.

But still, LOTR is the best!
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Fri May 27, 2005 5:06 pm
Harley says...

i saw rocky horror- it was awesome! i also saw blair witch, which was sooooo not scary, and scream 2 which was bitchin :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri May 27, 2005 5:13 pm
Firestarter says...

I saw Kingdom of Heaven. It's a film starring Orlando Bloom. aND he plays Richard the Lionheart. The story has a historical background. And I think the movie's fine.

Umm...he doesn't play Richard the Lionheart. Although Richard the Lionheart does feature in the film - he's the King of England that appears at the end to ask for Bailen's (orlanda Bloom's) assistance in his Crusade to get Jerusalem back from the Muslims.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon May 30, 2005 12:55 am
electricbluemonkey says...

I saw Donnie Darko a while ago...pure genius. It was one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I recommend it to EVERYONE. It rawks.

Heres the synopsis:

During the presidential election of 1988, a teenager named Donnie Darko sleepwalks out of his house one night, and sees a giant, demonic-looking rabbit named Frank, who tells him the world will end in 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, and 12 seconds. He returns home the next morning to find that a jet engine has crashed through his bedroom. As he tries to figure out why he survived and tries to deal with people in his town, like the school bully, his conservative health teacher, and a self-help guru, Frank continues to turn up in Donnie's mind, causing him to commit acts of vandalism and worse.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:34 pm
Mattie says...

OH! I love Jake G...he's so hot and his sister Maggie is so pretty! The movie rocks, I agree. Have you seen October Sky? Pretty good too, we had to watch it in IPC. (Intergrate Physics and Chemistry)
I have recently seen The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants...so touching. *tear* :) LOL

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris