Hope for Peace

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:14 pm
Jennafina says...

Can I have a link to the trailer? :p
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:15 pm
Firestarter says...

I thought the trailer was a bit average; typical Hollywood fare.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:34 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

The film should be good though
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 pm
Ego says...

Doubt it. The last one was garbage.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:52 pm
Firestarter says...

Agreed. It was all over the place. The first was awesome, but the random trilogy they decided to add on just because it was successful is ruining it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:00 am
Ares says...

I kinda agree. The plot in the second was kinda...crappy.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:57 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

I agree that the plot of Dead Man's Chest was kind of all over the place, but I still liked it honestly. I've seen the trailer, and it looks pretty good. Here's a link:

http://movies.clevver.com/video/20859/p ... er-300.php
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:33 pm
Twit says...

Garbage?! Okay, maybe a few bits of it were a bit random; like the bit on the cannibal island doesn't do much for the plot, but hey? Who cares? Not me and my brothers anyhow. :wink: My mum said she preffered DMC to the first film - she liked the humour in it better.

Personally, I think they're both cool. The first one has something in it that the second one doesn't, but the second one was still awesome.

-Twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:07 pm
Lancrist says...

I saw Grindhouse the other day and PotC 3 was the trailer.

umlol.

To summarize: LOOK AT HOW EPIC WE ARE

Actually, it reminded me of X-men 3. "All the major powers are converging in a major battle to decide the fate of the world!"

Dead Man's chest was stupid as well. Obviously the two sequels are just there to milk money, but even so: when Jack Sparrow sails away at the end of number one, in my mind, that was the end of his saga involving Will Turner and Elizabeth.

I thought it would have been cooler if the second one had him in another unrelated adventure in a different place with different people.

Sort of like the Hornblower series, but with a pirate. Y'know.

Anyway. While I was watching the trailer I vowed to myself I would never see it*.

*except if i was at, say, a friend's house, and it happened to be on, and I would watch it for the sake of confirming how crap I thought it would be ;)

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:17 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I have to agree that DMC was a bit all over the place and got confusing at parts, but I loved it. :D That part with Jack and Elizabeth...good grief. And the ending!

I heard not long after seeing it in theaters that there are going to be SEVEN movies in total. Anyone else hear this rumor? Any one know of any articles about it?

I think seven is a bit too much...I'd be happy with three.

On the other hand, Star Wars has six movies, in total, so seven isn't really that much, I suppose.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:19 pm
extrication says...

:3 I kind of hate the way they so drastically changed Norrington. That just bugs me a lot. Okay, he was HOT in the second movie, but I still like his character in the first. Especially in the deleted scenes, where that smile is just oh-so-heartbreaking. And I just totally like his ambitious-but-still-wanting-more-of-a-family demeanor, instead of the totally cliche bad guy.

I just hope that he won't be "redeemed" via death like all the rumours of the third movie say. Because then I'd bawl my eyes out. DD:

I still am watching the last of the trilogy because, y'know, pirates. And I can never leave things unfinished [unless it was Anne Rice's books and the Little Women series. >>] I agree that the second was all over the place, but I'm just hoping that all the loose ends will be tied up in the third movie.

Probably not though. *sigh*
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Not that the poll was concerning this subject, but does anyone think there will be a fourth film? Disney has hinted at another sequel, and I heard Johnny Depp is interested. On the other hand, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley supposedly are not, and I also heard that the director is done with Pirates and will not be involved in a fourth film, if there is one. AND, I just heard on Entertainment Tonight a few minutes ago one of the producers saying that in At World's End the main characters stories are coming to a close. That seems to me like some solid proof that the trilogy will stay a trilogy. So, any thoughts?
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:40 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

In Entertainment Weekly, they have the thing for the movies that are coming out this summer and they have an article about Pirates. At the end it asks "what would a Pirates movie be without a cliff hanger?" DUN DUN DUN. :D

Not that that's much help. In all seriousness, though, I heard that they were doing seven movies back when Dead Man's Chest was still in theaters, so unless that rumor isn't really true, there will probably be another sequel. I'm glad Johnny is interested in another movie, because if things come to a close for Will and Elizabeth, it'll open things up for new characters to be involved but still have Jack as a main character.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:03 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I've not seen anything concerning seven movies, but apparently Johnny Depp is interested in coming back to play Jack for another trilogy. Personally, I liked Dead Man's Chest. OK, the plot was a bit non-existant, but it was still really funny, and apparently they had planned a trilogy anyway. Just have to wait and see!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki