z

Young Writers Society

Monkey Is The Official Mascot Of YWS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Sam, you seem to mention this Nate-in-a-bra incident quite a lot, is there something you'd like to share with the group?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:31 am
Meshugenah says...

*gasp*

You mean you don't remember seeing that?

*smites*

But a monkey in a bra would be interesting.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:07 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Firestarter wrote:Sam, you seem to mention this Nate-in-a-bra incident quite a lot, is there something you'd like to share with the group?

*Huddles in the corner*

"The Horror..."

Whatever you do, do NOT scroll down to the bottom of this link. Consider this your only warning...
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:17 am
Emerson says...

It was rather [s]disturbing[/s] funny, but out of it all the captions were the best. "Some of my family on a bridge taking pictures of another bridge." "This is my mom and a camel."

But really, Can we dress up the monkey? I'd like to put him in something festive. Like a Christmas themed bra. (Is said monkey even a he? Or rather, an it?)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:12 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Sam, you seem to mention this Nate-in-a-bra incident quite a lot, is there something you'd like to share with the group?

*Huddles in the corner*

"The Horror..."

Whatever you do, do NOT scroll down to the bottom of this link. Consider this your only warning...

Oh, Lord.... xD that's... :at a total loss for words:
ohmeohmy

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:01 pm
Firestarter says...

I've already seen the picture.

I just meant Sam has a slightly-scary obsession with it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:30 pm
Crysi says...

I do not. Snoink was the one who brought it up again a few weeks ago. I suppose the memory is still fresh in my mind.

Hmph.
Love and Light

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:22 pm
Ego says...

I think it would be excellent if, for each holiday, we had a very pimply dressed monkey. Like a Santa Monkey.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:48 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

So for easter, monkey in a bunny suit?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:17 am
Snoink says...

Crysi wrote:I do not. Snoink was the one who brought it up again a few weeks ago. I suppose the memory is still fresh in my mind.

Hmph.

Mwhahahhaa...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:22 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I've accepted Dragon defeat, and have therefore updated my avatar. OK, so it's not actually a monkey, but I've got to draw the line somewhere...
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:44 pm
Chandni says...

Sorry Tassen Spellbinder but I just had to bring it forward here,

So okay the Monkey won, by 3 or something right? Tassen Spellbinder came up with the brilliant idea of making the Mascot a Monkey riding a Dragon :D lol. Isn't that just great? Pretty neat idea :)
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:57 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Winged monkey. :P
ohmeohmy

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:07 am
Snoink says...

Chandni wrote:Sorry Tassen Spellbinder but I just had to bring it forward here,

So okay the Monkey won, by 3 or something right? Tassen Spellbinder came up with the brilliant idea of making the Mascot a Monkey riding a Dragon :D lol. Isn't that just great? Pretty neat idea :)

That might make for some interesting connections, lol.

No, but seriously, wouldn't that be rubbing defeat in the dragons' noses? As I understand, one does not mess with dragons...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:20 am
Crysi says...

Precisely. Khazru charred the dinner he was roasting for me when I read that to him... *sigh* Never let a dragon cook your food, I tell ya...
Love and Light

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes