z

Young Writers Society

TAPPS Arts and Academic Competition

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

The TAPPS Competition is a Drama, Art, and Academic competition for private and parochial schools in Texas.

Fun stuff. I got first in Solo Acting. :D I performed "Audition," by Matthew Calhoun.

I forgot my calculator for Mathematics, so I drew one on my scratch paper. I forgot to draw batteries for it, though, so I phailed. :( And I miserably failed again in Ready Writing, which is essay-writing. I've never been good at SAT-style springboard topics though. :o

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:00 am
Areida says...

Oh my gosh, Waffles. So THAT'S what that PM was about...

I never saw you! I think you've posted pictures, but I didn't recognize you or anything. Man, talk about crazy! I was in Math and in Ready Writing... I wish you'd said something!

But I guess I'll see you at state since you're going for Solo Acting. Congratulations on that, by the way! I think one girl from my school placed in that. Do you remember the blonde girl who did Sweet Tea? She's the other half of my junior class.

I did all right in math. The kids who placed, in case you were wondering, Waffles, are math geniuses. I heard some kids from their school talking about it. You know that Lori Feilding girl? Yeah, she won pretty much every math event.

My partner and I placed fourth for Duet Acting, and we were thrilled. We were up against some truly amazing students who acted their selections SO well. But we're excited because this was our first year at TAPPS and we get to go to state. :D

I made third in Ready Writing, so that was cool. I have been really busy lately, so it was fun for somebody to be like, "You will sit down and you will not be disturbed, and you will write for two hours! Do you understand me?" Hehe.

And I made fourth in Current Events. How THAT happened is still a wonder to me. But two guys from my school placed first and second in that so we can study together for state.

All in all, it was a great experience. I can't wait to go to state. Should be a blast. :mrgreen:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:17 am
Doctor Kitty says...

A friend of mine did Current Events. It scared her. xD

But yeah, I'll be sure to say hi next time. And next year if my teachers forcibly sign me up for Ready Writing again, I'm going to convert my springboard quote into a fantasy epic and get myself disqualified. :D

I'm going to introduce myself as Mister Waffles in front of all of your friends, just to warn you. :P

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:26 am
Areida says...

Current Events wasn't too bad, but only becaue I studied. Our sponsor got us some UIL Current Events tests, and no joke, all but four of the questions were the same questions as on the practice test I took. My essay was complete B.S. because the only thing I studied were those UIL tests, but hey, it seemed to work, LOL.

And if you introduce yourself as Mister Waffles I will laugh at you. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

huh. didn't realize santa was a batman fan-
— Mageheart