z

Young Writers Society

Monkey Lovers Unite! [M.L.U]

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:34 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, but they don't have human personalities. Animals do not think the same way as humans, and therefore their personalities must be entirely different.

And I am quite sure that none of their languages are English, or Spanish, or whatever language people happen to speak.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 pm
Sureal says...

They can be (and have been) taught human sign language.

What makes you think that monkeys have different personalities to humans? They can feel much of the same emotions including happiness, sadness, greed, hatred and love. Their personalities are simply relfections of these, just like with humans.
I wrote the above just for you.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Fine, I admit defeat. I cannot argue against that, as much as I would like to (Although my point was they couldn't speak it). However, this is irrelevant.

Vote Dragon!!!

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 pm
Firestarter says...

The Dragons are already admitting defeat!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

:shock: I said nothing of the sort. I was beaten in one point, nothing more. Sureal just happens to be extremely capable at debate. The Dragons will win!! Vote Dragon!!!

-Kaz

~Stewie Griffin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:06 pm
Firestarter says...

Defeat is a slippery slope. You lose once, you're more likely to lose again.

Monkeys, however, are winners!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:08 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

No no no no. The fact that I have "admitted" to defeat, even though I am obviously right, shows cunning and lulls you monkeys ino a false sense of security. We shall win. It is inevitable. The cards said so.... *laughs mysteriously*

~Stewie Griffin

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:34 pm
Via says...

coughibelievethatpointhasalreadybeenmadeseveraltimescough

:D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:58 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I think every point, on each side, has been made. Pretty much all we can do is wait for the poll. :shrugs:
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Ah yes, the dreaded waiting game. We have pretty much campaigned ourselves into the realms of the ridiculous. The poll cannot come too soon.
Last edited by Cpt. Smurf on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Stewie Griffin

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:09 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Let us amuse ourselves by playing Corrupt a Wish and Character Answer Games, then :P
ohmeohmy

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:25 am
Cade says...

Now, as the Barenaked Ladies will tell us, "If I had a million dollars, I would buy you a monkey...haven't you always wanted a monkey?!"

Yes, yes I have.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:39 am
Cassandra says...

cadmium wrote:Now, as the Barenaked Ladies will tell us, "If I had a million dollars, I would buy you a monkey...haven't you always wanted a monkey?!"

Yes, yes I have.

Me too. XD
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:58 am
Bella says...

I have a point to make...writing involves the imagination; dragons were created BY the imagination. Monkeys are and always will remain REAL, unimaginary. And you guys are talking about how similar monkeys and humans are...what's the point in picking a monkey then? Why don't we just make our mascot a human if they're so close to the same thing? That is all, and I will NOT admit defeat. I am far too stubborn to do that.
~VOTE DRAGON OR BE ROASTED~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:05 am
Wiggy says...

Monkeys throw poo at you!

HA!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy