*shifty eyes* yes, we are. :D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:19 pm
Ego says...

Baroness Ink wrote::waits behind Crysi with several dragons, several of which are licking their chops at the sight of all the plump little monkeys dancing around...:

*cheesy australian accent*Look how the one group stands behind a singular leader, waiting for her to act before tentatviely following in her footsteps, while the other group acts with pure autonomy, and insanity at that! This second group is like...like a group of MONKEYS.

...go Monkeys.

PS: Baroness...YWS is DEFINITELY not about burninating people.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:02 pm
Lilyy03 says...

In addition to all their other qualities that make them a good mascot... Monkeys are real, as mascots should be. :P Go monkeys!!

Edit: Snoink, the recordings are awesome! :lol:

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Teeeeo. says...

GO MONKEYS!

I even made an avvie to show my support XD

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:49 pm
Areida says...

OMG...

Snoink, Grif, and SGT Salt, you guys are so my heroes.

*dies laughing*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:30 am
Bella says...

And dragon's are not real? Ever heard of the komodo dragon? They may not breath fire as fictional dragons do, but they are still beyond amazing, as well as strong. And monkeys will just die faster if they all act in there own way, making rash decisions; and that'll just make it easier for the dragons to kill them off...one...by...one.

VOTE DRAGON...or else!!!!!

~me~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:05 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

If I may, quote the motto of Hogwarts? "Don't wake a sleeping dragon, for you are tasty and taste GOOOOD with ketchup." ;)
ohmeohmy

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:09 pm
Lilyy03 says...

writer_chick_13 wrote:And dragon's are not real? Ever heard of the komodo dragon? They may not breath fire as fictional dragons do, but they are still beyond amazing, as well as strong. And monkeys will just die faster if they all act in there own way, making rash decisions; and that'll just make it easier for the dragons to kill them off...one...by...one.

VOTE DRAGON...or else!!!!!

~me~

So you're advocating a komodo dragon as a mascot? :P
The fact is, the type of dragon that's being considered by most people is not real. The lack of realness makes them way more open to interpretation than a real animal... Which doesn't make them very suitable as a symbol for the site.

Oh and "dragon's" = "dragons", and "there own" = "their own". ;)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Via says...

I have to say I don't want to be known as fake.

A VOTE FOR MONKEY IS A VOTE FOR REALISM!

:D
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:44 pm
Snoink says...

:D Glad you like them!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:21 pm
Wiggy says...

Monkeys is just YWS.

And if you think about it, YWS upside down is YMS, which could stand for Young Monkeys Society!

There, it's all settled. :D

GO MONKEYS!!!!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:45 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Dragons have the advantage of being able to be and act however you want them to. Monkeys, which already have noted behaviours, cannot be changed with the readers imagination. Surely the fact that dragons are not real is the perfect reason why they should be picked. They can be moulded to the imagination, which is exactly how all the sories in the forums are created. Moulded to the imagination. Imagination, I tell you!!!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 pm
Ego says...

It's called personification, Kaz--applying human traits to a non-human. You know, giving it a personality. The problem withpersonifying a dragon is they are already a sentient being in most fantasy stories, so they have no need to be personified, so to speak.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

But personifying a monkey will take away the stated purpose of the monkey. One of the arguments for monkeys is that monkeys are real. Giving it a personality, the ability to talk, etc. contradicts the whole point of the reality of a monkey mascot. Unless I am very much mistaken, monkeys do not have human personalities.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 pm
Sureal says...

Monkeys have personalities. All animals do - even spiders have been demonstrated to have personalities.

Monkeys, due to their intelligence, are capable of many things - including culture, language and lying.
I wrote the above just for you.

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf