z

Young Writers Society

Mascot Election 2007!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:17 pm
Wiggy says...

You KNOW you wanna vote monkey. Monkeys are adorable, cuddly, and representative of all writing types. Just think, you guys-this mascot will be here forever! How could you live with a dragon forever? Monkeys need to be!

Come on, fellow kangarooers, vote monkey!

:D :D :D :D :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Nate says...

So hard to choose...

I'm sad kangaroo lost :(
Attachments
2980Monkey_Looking_Book.jpg
2980Monkey_Looking_Book.jpg (11.4 KiB) Viewed 464 times
2080 - Dragon Book Reader.jpg
2080 - Dragon Book Reader.jpg (47.05 KiB) Viewed 464 times

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:49 pm
Sureal says...

How can you not vote for that monkey?
I wrote the above just for you.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:26 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Sureal wrote:How can you not vote for that monkey?

Easily. 8) :lol: :P :P :P 8) :lol:
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:51 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

How can you not vote for that monkey?

Because, what you don't see in the stillness of a photograph, is that the monkey is actually ripping the paper up. Is that what you want for your mascot? A crazy animal that rips up the very paper that your work is printed on?? NO!!

Vote Dragon!!!

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:04 pm
Sureal says...

Ripping up paper and throwing it in the bin is a well known trait of writers.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Not paper that has already been printed on, of which that evil monkey is obviously ripping up.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:14 pm
Sureal says...

No no; most writers rip up paper that has indeed already been printed (or at least written) on. Ripping up blank paper serves no purpose, except for - perhaps - stress relief.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I think you know that when I say printed, I mean printed by a publisher or something of the sort. Writers do not tend to rip up their own published works, and if they do they obviously have a great hate for the piece, or are somewhat unstable.

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Sureal says...

How can you tell it's published? All I can see is paper.

Maybe the monkey doesn't like what he wrote ("Oh no! This is all cliched; that'll teach me for writing about dragons!") and is ripping it up. His facial expression certainly seems to confirm this.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:24 pm
TheEccentricScribe says...

I vote for . . . uh, I'm sorry, but I vote for the dragon . . . I mean, come on . . . Dragons are awesome. Dragons don't even have to be only in fantasy. Dragon Tears, by Dean Koontz, doesn't even have dragons in it. So. Yeah. Hate me if you must, so be it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

506 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Sureal says...

A mascot shouldn't be 'awesome' or cool or badass. A mascot should be cute - especially a mascot for this site - and thus monkeys are far more suited.

If a story has dragons in it, then it's fantasy, for it contains an animal that doesn't exist in real life.

79 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:27 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

But their facial expressions can't change. So, if he's looking at the paper with distaste now, he must constantly have a look of distaste, going against the argument that monkeys are "cute"

~Stewie Griffin

506 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 pm
Sureal says...

What in the name of the Holy Ape makes you think that monkeys can't change their facial expressions? Have you never seen a monkey (even on tv)? They are capable of human like facial expressions.

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath