z

Young Writers Society

Dreams

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 am
Dynamo says...

In the past few years I've had many interesting, funny, desturbing dreams. During this time I began to noticed patterns in my dreams which I'm going to share with you all.

First I just want to note that I already know that dreams are affected be things that are happening in your life. But that would be pointing out the obvious because we all already know that.

When you get right down to it all a dream is is one giant thought. It is more realistic because we are asleep and our dream is the only thing you are paying attention to. Because it is one big thought you can make anything happen. A dream is affected by what YOU think is going to happen next. For example, you confront a T-rex in your dream. If you THINK it is hostile then you'd better start running. But, if you THINK it is friendly then it won't try to eat you. Lot's of crazy things can happen in our dreams simply because we think they will happen.

Another thing about dreams is during one if you find out it's just a dream then it'll end. But, this only happens when you're rested enough to start thinking straight.

This next part may be a little wierd. Hereis a way you can tell when you're about to fall asleep. If you start to have wierd trains of thoughts that are all conected then that means you are about to fall asleep, that thought itself is a dream beginning to start. An example of this thought would be something like this: A man jumps off a cliff and starts flying, then he smashes into the side of a building. Then someone comes out the window of that same building and starts walking down the wall. The Optimus Prime breaks through the wall and throws cows at everyone. It sounds wierd but this is how you know when you're brain is starting to shut down for the night.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Sureal says...

You've been reading Stephen LaBerge's work, haven't you ;)? Or, if you haven't, then I'm impressed.

The only thing I disagree with is that realising its a dream will make you wake up. Whilst this is mostly true, sometimes you don't, and you can carry on the dream aware that you're dreaming. You can also train yourself to induce these types of dreams.

Dreams in which you know you're dreaming (known as lucid dreams) are cool. They're more vivid than most dreams, you can conciously choose what to do, and because it's all taking place in your head you have absolute power (effectively, you're a god).

In a lucid dream, you can fly, run up walls, create a castle, breathe under water, ride dragons, take on an entire army by yourself, run extremely fast, transform in an animal or anything else you can imagine.

I used to train myself to have lucid dreams. At my peak, I would have one every other night. But with my A Levels, I fell out of practice (although I'm currently trying to get back in).
I wrote the above just for you.

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince