z

Young Writers Society

Bomb Scare in Boston

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:36 am
xtenx says...

So I'm sure you've all heard about the bomb scare in Boston yesterday. I go to school right near Boston so it's all I've been hearing about.

It's mildly ridiculous. When I first heard about it, I was really surprised and I thought "people are so stupid putting fake bombs around the city, it's not funny". Because initially they made these "fake bombs" seem as if they legitimately appeared to be fake bombs.

Here's what they looked like:

It looks mildly like a Light Bright to me. I don't know about anyone else.

I don't know who in their right mind thought that looked like a bomb. But it caused a huge terrorism scare. They shut down a bridge and everything.

It was just an advertisement for some show. They had the same design on billboards, and did the same thing in other cities. None of the other cities thought they looked like bombs. They're charging 2 men for the bomb scare and everything, and critisizing them for not being serious about it.

More info: http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_r ... ad_ag.html

[edit]: So I just tried to click that link, and it didn't work- but if you're curious, just go to Boston.com and it's currently the headline story.
Last edited by xtenx on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:42 am
Emerson says...

*grins* I like Aqua Teen Hunger Force. (That was the show they were advertising)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:51 pm
Cade says...

I can understand that police were just trying to be cautious, though. I mean, if there were sketchy things laying around that didn't look all that much like bombs and then they blew up, a lot of people would be bashed for not being careful enough.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Emerson says...

The funny thing is that they were put up in I believe three other cities, as well as Boston, and only Boston freaked out and noticed them as bombs.

What happened to the other cities? Besides, terrorists are more likely to set up bombs, then BANG! rather than Set up bombs, wait for whole months so they could get noticed and taken down by the bomb squad, no bang. They were just being cautious, sure, but its humorous in any event.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:49 am
Pushca says...

*shakes head* That's bomb sca'e to you, missy

Interrupted my Tyra, that did.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:12 am
Dream Deep says...

I seem to recall a story rather like this from Baltimore... ^_^

Ridiculous is an understatement, really. I second the LiteBright.

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour