z

Young Writers Society

Publish America

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:06 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Last night I had a huge row with my mate Rowan who's being editing my story Dark Bargain. It's getting published by Publish America's sister company Publish Britannica and she decided last night she'd tell me that it was a risky company. Now I'm really upset and confused - this was like a dream come true I wanted to be published before I was 18, I don't know why I just wanted to achieve something while I was still a kid and I thought it had come true. And now after I've told everyone I'm going to be published (my friends and family - thank god I only told 2 people at college) it looks like I'm going to have to tell them I'm not being which I can't do. Two of my friends were really b*tchy - one of them turned around and said she doesn't care because she wants it to be happening to her and another just thinks I'm completly incapable of succeding in anything which is probably another reason I wanted this to happen.

I'm confused and so upset right now I just don't know what to do, I know she's trying to help me but couldn't she have told me this in November rather then 4/5months later when I've been shooting off my big mouth? (I wasn't planning on telling anyone I was being published until the book was in print but I just got over excited and couldn't help myself - now I'm going to look like such a jack*ss when I tell them it's all a big scam)

Has anyone heard of Publish America or has any advice on what I should do?

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:50 pm
Emma says...

Never heard of it. Sorry.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:56 pm
Firestarter says...

Well, I hadn't heard about it until I used a little thing called Google.

http://leegoldberg.typepad.com/a_writers_life/2004/11/publish_america.html

I don't think you're going to like this article.

Publish America appears to be a vanity publisher. Sorry.

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria