z

Young Writers Society

Age limit on smoking raised to 18 in UK

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:31 pm
Duchess says...

I'm against this ban. People do what they want regardless of these things. Being not-edge myself, I couldn't careless if they banned smoking. I'll smoke if I want to.

Everyone knows the danger of smoking. Everyone does, even young people. I don't believe anyone who says they are ignorant that smoking is bad. It even smells bad.

But thats choice. Everyone has choice. We make them based on how we feel, and raising the age limit will do nothing to change that.
Do you see my username? Take it to heart. Mess with me and I eat your liver. The end.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:59 am
Pushca says...

The point of law is to not allow you the choice to hurt others, which is what smoking does. I don't particularly care if someone wants to damage their own body, it's the damage second-hand smoke causes that I care about.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 am
Jiggity says...

Meh. Its always been 18 here, in Australia, and smoking is now banned in all indoor areas such as pubs, clubs and cafe's. Its getting better thankfully.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
— Paul Simon