z

Young Writers Society

Can someone please help me please :) *Shirt slogans inside*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:07 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

Okay I need to raise some money so I can afford to buy a car and pay for all the stuff like insurance and tax :cry: but I quit my job so I have no income coming in now. I had the idea of starting up a really small business, I'd buy some blank T-Shirts and put my own designs on them and sell them. Then I thought I could also do custom designs where people tell me exactly what they want etc, and I could charge a tiny bit extra for this. My friend thought this was a good idea (actually TWO of my friends who I told thought it was a good idea :shock:) so I've decided to go ahead with it (if I can find out about this stupid insurance thing my smart friend said I needed lol)

Anyway here's what I need help on, and this is probably something someone in the UK would be best answering:
I want to buy some blank T-Shirts but I have no idea where I can get them from. I looked on the Smitcraft website but they do T-Shirts for ages and only go up to 14-16, this isn't any good for me as most of the people who will see this T-Shirts will be at colleges as me and my mates are going to wear them for advertising. So where can I buy these T-Shirts either online (preferably from a .co.uk site so I don't have to work out $ and stuff) or from a shop?

Okay so far I have thought of two slogans to go on the shirts, can you tell me whether they make you laugh or if you think they're crap please?:
Queen of the Prance *crown in the center with Queen above it and Prance below it, going around the crown is the "of the" bit*
I'm surrounded by stupidity *double ended arrow underneath*
Last edited by dreaming_mouse on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:18 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i need a job too... *sigh*

anyway u can prob just get a load of plain
white t-shirts from somewhere not too
expensive, then buy kits that let you transfer
designs from the computer onto a t-shirt.
these shouldn't be too expensive... follow
the instructions and voila! you have a
completely original t-shirt! make sure you
charge more than you have to spend if you
want to make profit.

i'll try & think of places you can buy t-shirts
& kits for not too much money...

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:20 pm
Sam says...

You can buy generic white t-shirts from companies like Champions. I think they're in the UK too...pretty big company.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:25 pm
MasterChief says...

last time i checked a white t-shirt from asda was 3 quid

49 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:27 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

yea but for 1 T-Shirt that's more than I can afford really, I know about how to make them and I have to use my own designs so that I can't get sued etc. I have some friends who have friends in bands so I might ask them if they would let me make them T-Shirts and stuff then they could buy them off me.
Thanks for the suggestions guys :D

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:23 pm
nickelpickle says...

looked around a bit...

Not a UK site, but pretty cheap. White t-shirts are $1.74 and thats .92 pounds... bt thats only if you buy 6 dozen (72).. If you buy a dozen, it is $2.38 a piece which is 1.26 pounds...

http://www.shirtwholesaler.com/hanes.htm#5280

Then on the next site, if you just scroll down a bit they have twelve for fifteen dollars which is 7.97 pounds... White T-Shirts assorted sizes

http://www.wholesaleconcept.com/ts.htm

Then this one is...$2.20 (1.17 lbs) if you buy 1-11
1.95 (1.04 lbs) if you buy 12-47
and 48 or more are $1.50 (.8 lbs)

Sorry I didn't find any UK ones, hope it all works out!

http://www.wholesalecentral.com/masonsw ... id%3D47765

49 Reviews

Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:35 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

whoa :shock: that is so great :D thanks pickle :D:D:D:D

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held