z

Young Writers Society

If You Had a Superpower, What Would It Be?

If I had a superpower, it would be...

Invisibility
No votes
Telekinesis
19%
Super-speed
No votes
Shapeshifting
19%
Control of an element (e.g., fire, water)
13%
Telepathy
19%
Super-strength
No votes
The ability to fly
13%
Something else (comment below!)
19%

Total votes : 16

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:48 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:11 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

I'm not really sure :P
In the past people have said that I have psychic vibes so telepathy would be a definite possibility.
However if you were to ask me personally, I feel that I'd have some ability connected to the sky. For example, the ability to control the sky, or harness the energy of stars. Something along those lines.
I could also see me having the power to control other peoples emotions and influence them to do my bidding.
She who calls the stars to shine

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:14 am
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

Okay, so mine's super complicated, but a power I've dreamed of (it's a pun with later context) since I was a baby: the power to turn dreams into reality! Think about it! You're sitting in class, thinking about some flowers and vines taking over the room? Boom! You wake up and the room is more akin to a garden than a classroom! An underwater tea party? Easy! Just dream it up and you're there for as long as you wish! You could imagine a beautiful starry sky in the middle of a dense city and there it would be! I also hope it would encompass the ability to lucid dream every night, since I would be having a ball with that! I feel like there would be some limitations, like the effects are only temporary and no dreaming up people dead or alive (just so I don't become some all powerful god of the realm or something). It would be so cool to just think up something and have it there! And! You could even communicate with people with it! Like, writing a message on the walls or something. There's so much you could do and experience just by imagining it, and it's just imagination, so there's no harm done!
It's a pretty out there power, but I've been in love with superheroes since I could take my first steps and have had too much time to think about this, so I find it cool and that's all that matters 8)
they/she or she/they

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:28 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:07 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

I find it interesting that there's no takers for invisibility so far! I feel like that tends to be a popular one.

I myself went with telekinesis! Just seems very convenient to have. It's also good for me specifically and all the shelves I can't reach xD
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:10 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I chose to control an element, but if I had to choose a power not on the list, I will always go for healing powers/taking away pain in some way. I also love it when water/earth is modified to be able to heal people in shows/books/media!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

this is a hard one! But, honestly, I would either go with taking away pain, like what JustPerks said, but I had to choose, I would take Telekinesis because, if you can lift and thing up with your mind, you would be able to lift yourself up too, right? So, two powers, and it would also count as being able to control the elements, with pyroTelekinesis and stuff!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:41 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I picked shapeshifting since it’s actually kind of overpowered if you think about it. You basically have any superpower as long as it involves something with your physical body.

Want flight? Shapeshift into a bird / grow wings
Want super-strength? Shapeshift so that you have muscles
Want invisibility? Make all the cells in your body clear.
Uhhh… Maybe you could get telekinesis/telepathy by changing your brain or something—

But you know what superpower is REALLY overpowered? The power to control probability. For instance: What’s the chance you’ll wake up with a million dollars that the government won’t question? With probability powers, you can make that chance 100%. What’s the chance something bad will happen this week? You could change it to 0%
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:01 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Okay am I the only one who wishes that I could fly?
I'd so love to have wings it would make me feel free, anyways that's the one I pick, because even as a little child I used to say that I wished I could fly.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:55 am
View Likes
alpacaboss says...

It would be mind reading. It can be a pain, but it's incredibly overpowered. If not mind-reading, I shall take knowing someone's past or future. Knowing someone's past can help you either empathize with them or control them (which I don't plan to do unless it's my last resort). Knowing the future can let you anticipate what's coming. That's it!
John 3:16; Joshua 1:9; 1 Timothy 4:12
Professional Bible nerd, Christian and classical music enthusiast, and alpaca lover
To God be All the Glory

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:32 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon says...

wow, you can't choose many? if someome allowed me, I would have all the superpowers given in this fourm. But I like telepathy the most hihi c:
rashomon go brr

she/her

used to be loveissourgrapes

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird