deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:50 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Ooh! Those are my threads :D!

Anyways, I made it into a pie chart. (“Misc. Artists” means I only listen to one of their songs)
Attachments
E44D6F3E-4724-4AE5-B1F4-2BD97DA0B792.jpeg
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:32 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

little excerpt from how bad is your streaming music?
Spoiler! :
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:16 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Tyler Childers, Whiskey Myers, Colter Wall, and Treaty Oak Revival, all of which I guess is called neo-traditional country. Though, what I usually do is just play Tyler Childers radio on Pandora.

However, my running playlist is very different. If I'm not listening to podcasts (currently History of the Roman Empire by Mike Duncan), then I'm listening to grunge & alt-rock. In fact, my go to song is Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger, which to me is the quintessential '90s song.

As for favorite music videos, I think that's an art form that reached its peak in the '80s and has been on the decline ever since. In my humble opinion, no one is ever going to top Thriller by Michael Jackson or Take On Me by A-ha. Music videos from back then have this raw energy and surrealism that the slickly produced videos of today just cannot match.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:12 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:16 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Forgot to mention this but one of my favorite music videos is “Ashura Chan” by ADO. It’s really cool bc it’s animated!

https://youtu.be/cyq5-StPISU
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:33 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Last edited by deleted30 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:50 am
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

This is the thread for me! I love music so much!

I've actually been listening to A LOT of Fleetwood Mac lately, Lucrezia! Like my entire playlist is songs from Tusk, Rumours, and Mirage. My current favorite song is Silver Springs! Stevie Nicks is such a beautiful soul and her talent shines in this song. The emotion! The lyrics! The everything!

Lately, I've been getting into 60s music too! Donovan's album Sunshine Superman is one of the few vinyl records I own. My most prized vinyl is probably something Frank Zappa because every album is hard to come by in person.

My favorite band of all time is actually They Might Be Giants though! TMBG was my first real "introduction" to music in a way, so they have to be up there! Their music is a little silly, but that's what makes it memorable. I can't even pick a favorite song if I'm honest! There are a lot of classics to choose from.

But yes, there you go! I kind of rambled haha :')
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:34 am
View Likes
Zyria says...

MY FAVORITE MUSICIANS X BANDS
Spoiler! :

Poor Mans Poison
I introduced to them through an acquaintance of mine and I immediately fell in love, especially with Hell's Coming With Me and Feed The Machiene. I seriously enjoy the epic, vengeful energy that their pieces have.
Mumford & Sons
Broken Crown has always been such a special song to me and it's carried me through many a novel. The lyrics also just heavily resonated with me when I first got around to hearing it because they kinda mirrored the internal journy I was undergoing.
Imagine Dragons
This band is nostalgic for me, because my brother would constantly listen to Radioactive when we were younger, and during a recent birthday we sang Believer together.
I've always adored their music in general though. Their songs always have this unique vibe that's epic, inspirational, and suspenseful all at once. I must say that their recent songs Wrecked, Enemy, Bones, and Shark definitely don't disappoint.
Of Monsters and Men
Their music always makes me feel like I'm being transported to some epic fairy-tale world. And their lyrics always have deep meaning, especially Human, and Wolves Without Teeth
Marina & The Diamonds
I don't care for her more popular songs but Buy the Stars has always been a very special song to me. The lyrics just spoke to me on a personal level, not to mention her voice is goddamn gorgeous in this particular song.
Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land and Savages are also songs that struck a chord with me.
She who calls the stars to shine

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu May 04, 2023 6:30 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

i’m reviving this thread, whether you like it or not. prepare for a long winded, but spoilered post. ◡̈

Spoiler! :
sooo my #1 has and always will be lady gaga. she is an icon to the queer community and has always been a versatile, but extremely accessible artist. her artistry expands beyond music, through her fashion and her performances. her music and existence has helped me become the person i am today.

taylor swift has also really grown on me. the way she can take deep and meaningful songwriting and make it mainstream is such a talent and really opens up the world to others that are interested in hearing similar music.

lana del rey has always amazed me with the production of her music and her beautiful songwriting. she has become an icon and a staple to the industry and she is a true talent that people will remember.

boygenius and their individual counterparts (lucy dacus, phoebe bridgers, and julien baker) are some of the best musicians to grace the music industry. together and individually, their songwriting skills, instrumental abilities, and vocal skills are nothing short of perfection.

mitski is an artist that i have grown to love as of recently. her songs are so beautifully written and profound, with meanings that cut very deeply. her soft, but at times harsh, voice paired with electronic and rock-like productions make her an artist that stands out to me. she has such a deep commitment to her artistry that i admire.

both tove lo and carly rae jepsen are artists that others may see as one hit wonders, but these two women are gems to me. tove lo creates such interesting dance music that pairs well with her deep storytelling of love and life. carly knows exactly how to write a perfect pop song, with upbeat productions and meaningful lyrics. she understands tension and release with music so well that after several listens, she’s addicting.

rina sawayama makes some addicting pop music with a nu metal edge. her pop princess sounds are almost reminiscent of britney spears and has the edge of lady gaga’s older music. her debut album “sawayama” discusses subject matter that align with the queer community, such as toxic masculinity and chosen families. she has so far had a successful rise to fame and honestly deserves every moment of it.

one of my best friends got me into st. vincent. she’s another songwriter that has such a marvelous discography, as she changes her appearance each era. she’s delved into several different genres and taken inspiration from the likes of david bowie, kate bush, and pink floyd. she is an extremely underrated artist and deserves so much attention for her songwriting, vocals, and instrumental abilities.

with the release of their recent album “this is why,” i have fallen madly in love with paramore. i’ve always loved rock music and paramore has been on my radar, but recently i have delved further into their discography. hayley williams is one of the most talented vocalists of our generation and has had an illustrious career of creating some of the most beautiful music i have ever heard. she’s so special to the industry and has so much to offer. taylor york and zac farro are also extremely talented instrumentalists and they raise the bar for guitarists and drummers.

ethel cain has been a recent find and she has helped me get into different genres. in her debut album “preacher’s daughter” that covers extremely sensitive subjects, she utilizes dream pop and goth rock, with ambient and ethereal influences. her vocal and songwriting capabilities are like no other, and the subject matter she discusses in all of her music are so wildly different from anything i have ever heard.

once again, v sorry for the long post. i could talk on and on about several other artists that i adore, but i highly recommend you listen to the artists on this list that you may not have heard of, especially if you want to support some amazing and special women in the music industry. ◡̈
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid