z

Young Writers Society

Best Supernatural Creature

Of the following creatures, which is your favorite?

Ghosts
18%
Vampires
24%
Werewolves
6%
Zombies
No votes
Witches/wizards
6%
Mermaids
12%
Aliens
18%
Fairies
6%
Something else (comment below!)
12%

Total votes : 17

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:01 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

100% would've chosen unicorns had they been on the list xD
But I chose faeries! - it was a difficult choice beteen witches and faeries, but ultimately I think I find faerie lore and mythology very very comforting (and the Violet Wings Trilogy is one of the books that pulled me back into reading when I was younger :'D) (not to mention that faeries are closely associated with flowers, which we all know I love) <3333

Though I do admit that the recent onslaught of YA novels revolving around faeries is- not exactly to my taste xD
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

Random avatar

Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:07 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:09 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Aliens
Oh snap
She who calls the stars to shine

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:34 pm
View Likes
Abcdefg1 says...

Aliens!! Some of my favorite works are alien-related--I just love how you can explore and develop cultures and traditions of a completely different planet!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:45 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I picked ghosts!
I don’t know why, but I have an odd fascination with ghosts. It started pretty early I think, bc when I was little I would daydream about being a ghost-superhero and having a ghost-shark as a sidekick and saving my school from bad guys. Also, obviously, my favorite pokémon is a ghost-type (and most of my favorites are ghost types too).

I think my favorite type of fictional ghosts are the ones that aren’t villains. Don’t get me wrong, ghosts make terrifying villains, but I love to see ghost characters that side with / are the protagonists. This is why The Ghost and Molly Mcgee is one of my most favorite shows, because of the grumpy lovable ghost Scratch!

There’s so much potential with ghosts. Maybe they’re little tricksters who prank people. Maybe they’re terrifying vengeful spirits. Maybe they’ve got emotional baggage that’s gotta be unpacked. Kinda makes me a little sad when ghost characters only exist to be sucked up in a vacuum :(

I have a very strong dislike of Casper though. Dunno why but I just don’t like him
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

963 Reviews

Reviews: 963
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:06 am
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

I’m a vampire lover. Always have been, always will be.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:41 am
View Likes
Lovestrike says...

This was hard, but I ended up picking mermaids! I'm a big fan of merfolk and their significance in cultures/history in general. Like how Christopher Columbus apparently thought manatees were mermaids??
Didn’t Sappho say her guts clutched up like this?
[Solstice, she/her]

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:05 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

I like Dutch angel dragons, a furry species. They're cute and benevolent, and inspired by one of my favorite animals: horses.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:11 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Omg I love dutchies too! They’re adorable!

I forgot to say this in my other comment, but it was kinda hard to choose just one creature; I love lots of different supernatural stuff in fiction
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:49 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Oh good choices and answers. I have always liked dragons after reading "Eragon" by Christopher Paolini - my favorite book to read in Middle School, I think I've read it 5 times through. So out of traditional options I'd choose dragons.

My VERY favorite supernatural creature though would be a tie between weather-foretelling-groundhogs and flying-reindeer. :santa:
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Random avatar

Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:01 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly