z

Young Writers Society

Wish YWS a Happy 18th Birthday!

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:32 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

18 years ago today, YWS was born! You know what that means? Our beloved little website is officially an adult! Bring on the taxes and responsibilities! :D

In addition to the other Birthday Week Festivities the moderator team has planned for this week you are encouraged to use this thread to wish YWS a Happy Birthday, share what YWS means to you, offer a slice of cake or birthday poem, or share some of your favorite memories (if you want to share some on your wall you can use the hashtag #YWSMemories too)! Participate in this thread or any of our Birthday Activities sometime during the week and you'll be eligible for the YWS 18th Birthday Badge too!

So let's join together, share some love, and say...

Happy Birthday, YWS!

-----

Here are some previous years for inspo!

YWS' 16th Birthday [2020] (2020)
What's your favorite moment in YWS' history? (2013)
Happy Birthday YWS (2006)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:46 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAPPY DAY OF BIRTH, YWS!
GET THE CAKE, THE CANDLES, THE PLATES, THE FORKS, AND SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DEAR SITE!
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:11 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Happy Birthday, YWS! Glad you exist! :D

I have too many favorite memories to name but some of my favorite from just this year were Poetry Readers discussions with @Liminality & @Seirre, NaPo this year !!!!, all write-in-discussions & poetry jams, the summer poetry collection contest with @LizzyTyler, helping with LRS with @MailicedeNamedy & @HarryHardy, The GOOS TAKEOVER on April 1 and reading @PoetryGoos's poetry, participating in LMS, my Christmas in July Random-Animal-Avvie thing this year, May Community Haiku Collection, Social Month was also a blast (especially the poetry activities!!) and working on COOP with @Rook, I also loved participating in the tagbook, working to plan events and take care of chaos with the fabulous mod team <3 and all things involved with the chicken fan club. :)

Lots of fun things this year!

YWS is a marvelous and beautiful place because of the people in it; so thank you everyone for being so kind and wonderful, creative and fun! Cheers to another year! Let's keep writing! <333
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:54 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

Hey happy birthday you. I know it's probably a little sappy but I can't help but think about back when I had made several friends here in my first year of middle school. Truly never forgotten. Though I can't spell, so the thought counts ig @woahittherapal @KaiRyu @flummadiddle @lemonthedorkypanda @eaglefly @Elfboy @LakeOfCancer @AlexOfLight @Teddybear @IamI @Bellarke @potatoefry @kat1234 @Dilbert64 and more I can't remember on the spot. There have been several username changes as well so this is mostly inaccurate. I just don't talk to these wonderful people very often anymore (not by choice of course) and some of them are inactive. I'm glad to have met all of you guys. You make me very happy. I'm aware some of you don't use any of the names that I've put up there anymore, but they are the ones I remember most clearly. I hope you guys are doing great; I wouldn't be doing so great without you guys. I bested so many terrible depression spells; which I got pulled out of by the kindness and community here and I just wanted to give yewis a little thanks.

Happy birthday🎂.

Thank you.
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

967 Reviews

Reviews: 967
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:12 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 says...

Happy birthday YWS! This is one of my favorite writing sites to be on and is pushing me to a better writer. ^v^

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:27 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Happy Birthday, YWS!!! I love this website so much and I don't know where I'd be without it. Now for the memories:

- I've finished?? Two storybooks?? Before joining YWS, I had no idea people could collab together on roleplays and stories and, now, I absolutely love it! Everyone is so awesome and it's so much fun, especially when it's for LSS.

- Also, I'm actually keeping up writing every week because of LMS which I never thought I would do lol. That being said, I never fully complete NaNo and NaPo, but writing with other people is still amazing!

- The Randomosity forum craziness that went on was so crazy and amazing. I didn't play a huge part in it but, still, it was so fun!

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

oh happy birthday yws. i am not the sentimental type, but i love you dearly! i have experienced so much here, good and bad. i wouldn’t be the person i am today without these wonderful people and memories.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:19 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Happy Birthday, YWS. Having been around almost since the beginning, I had no idea how much of an impact this site would have on me and so many others. It's wild that given how much the world and the Internet has changed since 2004 (seriously, I didn't even have a MySpace yet lol) that this community still exists. Even though I'm not on much anymore, I'm pretty sure this site is the reason I still write (and I will probably come back every April for NaPo as long as the site exists). I guess you could say, that like the #1 song on YWS's founding, YWS will always be My Boo.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:48 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ngl, this site keeps me feeling like a writer through all my commitment issues and dry spells lol. I have my besties here and am always getting to know some awesome people in our writerly community. Yewis is positive, supportive, and great at getting me to do the write, so thank you everyone for that and happy birthday YWS XD
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen