z

Young Writers Society

PlanMo and NaNoWriMo 2022

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:23 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Subscribe to this thread to receive all the latest announcements about NaNoWriMo and PlanMo!

Overview

NaNo and PlanMo? What are those?

NaNoWriMo is a month-long writing event. The classic challenge of NaNo is to write a novel in 50,000 words -- though there can be modifications on this! Read @Shady's post here for more information.

PlanMo is an event on YWS where writers can plan for NaNo. It is run from the Official PlanMo Club. The main event for PlanMo is the PlanMo Journal Challenge (updates and information on that will be coming soon).

How can I participate?

Create a thread for your project in the NaNoWriMo forums! You can see examples of threads in the archives here. You can also create a thread in the aforementioned PlanMo Club for your planning materials. When November starts - get writing! You can update your daily word count in your thread to keep track of your progress.

Index/ Coming Soon...

- PlanMo Journal Challenge
- Word Crawls
- Write-ins

542 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:34 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

PlanMo Journal Challenge

If you're looking to flesh out your characters, brainstorm your plot and chat about your project with YWSers, join us in the PlanMo Journal Challenge! The prompts are out here. (Click the link!) You can make a thread in (and subscribe to) the PlanMo club, or you could post your journal prompts in the same thread you want to use for your NaNo project in the NaNoWriMo forums.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:04 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Write-ins

Hiya hiya! We'll be having a series of write-ins throughout PlanMo and NaNo. They'll be hosted on WriterFeedPad (or on a riseup pad if the WFP service is down). The dates are:

Friday, October 28
Friday, November 4
Friday, November 11
Friday, November 18
Friday, November 25

And the time is approximately 7pm - 10 pm EST/EDT (you can check when this is in your timezone using a website like this one).

The links to the write-ins will be posted here and in the People's Tab. The write-ins will be hosted by the wonderful @BluesClues, excepting the November 4th one which will be hosted by me. Hope to see you there! :D
she/her

542 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:20 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

OC for a day

Back by popular demand -- #ocforaday will be running from 5th-7th November! This is a People's Tab activity where YWSers roleplay as an original character of theirs on their walls or their friends' walls.

Some ideas:
- Changing your avatar to a doodle or picrew image of your character
- Signing off with your character's name at the bottom of a post so we know who's talking
- Doing a #characterinterview at the same time by making a wall post where your character requests questions from their adoring YWS public

Remember always to follow site rules and roleplay rules when roleplaying! And have fun!
she/her

542 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:21 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Prompts for the spoonless Club

If you're looking for a more low-pressure NaNo this year, @Teddybear has just the club for you! Join Prompts for the spoonless this November. Here is a quote from the club's about page by the creator:

I humbly present, prompts for the spoonless, in which a prompt list will be presented week by week for the duration of nanowrimo. I want us all to be able to participate and have fun, so everything is fluid. You can choose whatever prompt you want, to create whatever kind of writing you want. Poems, short stories, chapters of existing projects, whatever you have the spoons for that day.

You can join clubs by clicking on the 'subscribe' option on the right-hand menu, underneath the club icon.
she/her

542 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:30 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Write-in #1

BluesClues wrote:The pad is live! The write-in officially starts in 20 minutes, but feel free to pop in any time. This is your one-stop shop for all last-minute PlanMo needs!

Link to original comment[/quote]
Link to original comment
she/her

542 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:03 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Happy First Day of NaNo!

Best of luck with your projects! Here is a list of links that could help:

Word Crawls
The Ultimate YWS Word Crawl
NaNo Word Count Schedule

NaNo Tips
Tips thread #1
Tips thread #2

If you have any you'd like to share, please let me know and I'll add them to the list!
she/her

542 Reviews

Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:56 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Write-In #2

Hop on in! We'll be here 7-10pm EST/EDT and maybe beyond.
she/her

542 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:19 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Announcement on Write-in #3

It's going to be starting at 8pm EST/EDT rather than 7pm. Sorry about the sudden change, but hope to see you there! The pad link will be posted in the usual places.
she/her

542 Reviews

Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:54 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Write-in #3

Hop on in! Pad link
she/her

542 Reviews

Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:23 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Keep Writing!

Alt text: poster that says 'Just write!' with two figures moving forward

1/3 of November is left! You can do it!
she/her

542 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

NaNo Reflections Hashtag

[Alt text: poster showing a mirror and the words NaNo reflections]

Whether you're finishing your wordcount for the 30th day of NaNo, or if you haven't started yet, or if you haven't been writing for the past week, etc. feel free to share your thoughts on this November's writing! It can be anything from what you've learned, what you enjoyed most or what you wished you'd done or known. Either way, it's time to celebrate another year's attempt at NaNo! Post in the People's Tab and tag it with #nanoreflections
she/her

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah