Young Writers Society

What did you learn today?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:43 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I love learning new things, and I also love sharing what I just learned! So, why not make a thread where people can share what they just learned? Whether it be fun facts, something about themselves or their characters, or some new term from one of their classes.

So, what did you learn today?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:49 am
View Likes
fantasies says...

guess i can help start off.
my dad told me i got my flushed cheeks (like, super flushed. always) from him, and that anxiety causes it. so i basically learned that not only i may have depression, and slight symptoms of adhd/im super fidgety, i have anxiety. and i can take medicine in a few or so years to help with it.
so i learned something about myself. not a super big deal but it just feels…like something.
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:41 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

@PaigeFantasy there is someone in my school who has very naturally flushed cheeks as well, to the point where it is difficult to differentiate between blushing and just ordinary. It may well be the same reason.

Today… I had a panic attack… um… because the class was too loud. Luckily, my teacher let me go to the bathroom and I was like hyperventilating and covering my ears and no one noticed and asked if I was okay. Which is… because I’ve known them for over 7 years.
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:56 am
View Likes
Kelisot says...

Mugworts is a broad term for describing any plants under the Artemisia genus. Some of them are edible, some are toxic. But most of them can be used for food, and known for its taste of bitterness.

I've recently went to a big mall and eaten Artemisia princeps ice cream, and it tastes good. It's in an Asian country, however. It's understandably not suiting for everyone's taste, like how children scream "Yuck!" upon a simple cup of coffee.

In conclusion, all plants are poison. If we eat too much of it, we can die. However, most known plants are edible due to how much our body can endure it and consume it's nutrients.

P.S. @Moonglade hope you're okay now! Panic attacks are not fun they're bullying everyone nowadays >:(
I like Gabber. I recommend that you should also listen to it.

beans

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

I learned something about myself yesterday. I gave my guy friend a pin yesterday and he really liked it. Without warning he tried to give me a hug and I physically recoiled. Funny thing: I've hugged him before and I was totally fine. I guess I am fine with giving physical affection, I'm not so keen on receiving it.
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star