May Haiku Collection Submission Thread

218 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 218
Thu May 27, 2021 2:56 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature says...

Spoiler! :
chikara [he/they] is most commonly a poet. More specifically, he often writes trashy romance and angsty skeleton poetry. You'll probably find him somewhere in WriterFeedPads crafting new word barf, talking to his many friends, or just rambling about the English language and his classwork.

these rolling hills kiss
the sky. you see them even
when you close your eyes.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu May 27, 2021 8:56 pm
View Likes
Starve says...

Spoiler! :
Starve (his majesty/ your Lordship) doesn't write, only lurks in the People tab and drops the occasional incomprehensible poem.

May-heat and the storms
uproot and start afresh, these
trees and secret thoughts
Last edited by Starve on Sun May 30, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu May 27, 2021 9:25 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Spoiler! :
sylrie (they/them) lurks. And lurks. And lurks...they're very shy when in large groups. They like to dabble in all sorts of poetry and prose, but they don't post much of it on the site. Remind them to do that, they might be needing a confidence boost ^^'

Urban
We escape our roots
Climbing concrete cliffs we built
Hoping we don't fall
Last edited by sylrie on Fri May 28, 2021 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri May 28, 2021 5:16 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Spoiler! :
Carina (she/her) is often found fleshing out her original characters in roleplays, almost obsessively so. If not at the roleplay section, you will find her randomly posting on walls or planning chaos. She aims to translate her ideas into paper and become a novelist one day, but in the meantime, she's perfectly happy writing with friends and dabbling with poetry when inspiration hits.

happiness in a
jar; labeled "for rainy days."
i hear the thunder.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Fri May 28, 2021 5:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Harry [he/him, very, very rarely she/her] is primarily a reviewer/ roleplayer. As far as writing is concerned, he is primarily a novelist dabbling in romance novels disguised as fantasy and science fiction and the occasional crazy short story that he hopes are at least somewhat funny. He can on extremely rare occasionals be seen trying to channel his long dead poetic passion to write bits and pieces...and this is his first attempt at a haiku. He also occasionally lurks on wfp's as the ominous Prince of Darkness or on suuper rare occasions, the much less ominous Princess of the Frost. His favorite thread is the "what made you smile today" thread and he's been knows as a fan of dark cyan, supporter of the unclassified movement and also a fan of ridiculously long descriptions apparently cause he's just going on and on here. Harry, please stop, that's enough.

wind roars and rain falls,
the great trees come falling down
and so I must chop
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri May 28, 2021 1:02 pm
View Likes
MayCupcake says...

Spoiler! :
Megan [she/her] is mainly a reviewer/artist. When it comes to writing, she likes poetry, scripts, and novels. In her free time, she either works on her comic, draws, or writes. She hopes that one day she'll be able to finish at least one longer story, so she uses this site to keep herself accountable.

Flower of the Everglades
From the Everglades,
The flower bursts forth from Earth,
Collecting sun rays.
Last edited by MayCupcake on Fri May 28, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri May 28, 2021 2:40 pm
View Likes
legendarycomputerpoetry says...

Spoiler! :
LCP (she/her) is a writer and poet who wants to write more original fiction. She can be found lurking on YWS and writing reviews for poetry posts. Please feel free to chat with her if you have fanfiction recommendations or want to start a NaNoWriMo writer group.

Spring

Little flowers bloom
Creating fields with small dots
Gracefully they sprout.
LCP

Reader, Reviewer, and Writer.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat May 29, 2021 7:38 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

love spilled from heaven
onto barren land of men
but mine is still parched.

Spoiler! :

Hkumar (he/him) is an occasional poet who can be seen venting about his life problems through his poetry or by posting rants on his wall. He also spams the People's tab with his memes every now and then. He frequently posts in the Randomosity section and can be sometimes found lurking in WriterFeedPads. He is very welcoming towards new members and is always ready to make friends, so don't ever hesitate to reach him if you ever need to talk or chat. But please bear with his poor sense of humor, he is still developing his skills.
I only put my signature on big cheques.

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Sun May 30, 2021 7:25 am
View Likes
Arcticus says...

Spoiler! :
Arcticus is a People's Tab poet on YWS whose cringey-ness is to be put up with. You'll find him writing collab poetry in write-ins, rambling in the People's Tab section and posting to his poetry project threads in Writer's Corner.

stream water bubbles
undercurrents whirl ecstatic
the fish are praying
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon May 31, 2021 2:26 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Thank you so much for all the lovely submissions everyone! Unfortunately, since it is May 31st and nighttime in my timezone, I'll be closing submissions so that I can get the final thread and pdf up by the first week of June. Thanks again!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
— Woodrow Wilson