Young Writers Society

What made you smile today?

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:47 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Title says it all! What made you smile today? What made you laugh? Share it here so we can pass around the happiness and good vibes. :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

The biggest thing that made me smile was taking my driving lesson with the instructor. I had a lot of trouble with my turns last week, but I improved a lot today! My right turns need a little work, but I'm no longer oversteering!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:59 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

That's awesome @Valkyria! I certainty remember how nervous I was when learning how to drive, and getting lessons and affirmation from my instructor gave me a boost of confidence. Definitely smile-worthy! :)

For me, today I smiled when I was calling a third party vendor to get a legacy project done at work. We had a productive conversation, and he seemed impressed with my questions. (I even accidentally stumped him lol.) He told me we could have gotten a Mega Design™ done if we had worked face-to-face, but in the meantime, he looks forward to working with me again after the pandemic. Definitely made me feel like I was doing a good job :')

Also, I meant to post this yesterday, but my mentor gave me support and words of encouragement with a project I was stressing about. It definitely made me smile. :)

(I'm going to try to post in this thread at least once or twice times a week, but let's see how often my responses relate to work since it seems that's all I do nowadays lol)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Today's smile moment was rediscovering a poem I wrote during NaPo this year. I'm not sure why I didn't include it in my poetry book, but I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it sitting in my thread from April. It was about my friend and how she changed my life by ranting to me about DC the very first day we met. I was strongly in the "I hate the superhero genre" before then, but now I'm totally obsessed thanks to her.

I sent her a link to the poem after I discovered it, and the two of us had a really uplifting conversation afterwards. I can't help but smile at the thought of it as I'm typing up this post.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:07 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

That's so sweet @Magebird <3 it's always a nice feeling to stumble upon remnants of things that remind you of happy memories.

I'm honestly! In such a good mood today! Lotsa smiles! I've kind of been feeling bummed lately, but today I drank tons of coffee because deadlines lol and got on top of things. I finished my first publication, sent my signature for a patent review, and mentored an intern working under me. On fire! Productivity! But the part that made me smile the most was when I looked back on all this work and thought, "Dang, lookit that. Proud of u. You dun did this before the year ended. Rock on."

anyways, das it. Just thought I'd share. :)

Hope everyone has a smiley holiday season ~
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:15 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I have one more day of school until break! And I only have four classes, three of which have super easy projects!! I am so ready for winter break.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Even though the day is far from over, I already had two things that I really wanted to mention here.

The first is something really cute I saw this morning. My cat, Leo, has recently gotten into burrowing underneath blankets. I don't know why, but it's both adorable and hilarious. Today he decided to burrow underneath a blanket on of our much older cats, Violet, was laying on top of. The last of our three cats, Dante, was sitting a little farther away. He was trying to get Leo underneath the blanket, but that's pretty on par for the two of them. Dante's a little over three and Leo's a little over one, so the two are always getting into trouble.

But then Violet - who turned eleven back in March - started playing with Leo by hitting the little bundle of blankets he had burrowed underneath.

It's always uplifting when our cats play together, but that was even more smile-inducing than usual. <3

The other thing that made me smile is completely unrelated. I work part-time as a PCA for a relative of mine. I just found out today that PCAs could as public health officials, so I'm able to get my Covid vaccine during the current phase of vaccine distribution. I had assumed I needed to wait until late spring before I could get mine, so I couldn't stop grinning after I found out I'd be able to get the vaccine so soon.
mage

queer and here.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:44 pm
View Likes
pelsteam says...

Today's smile moment was when I came up with a great idea for one of my plots. It wasn't a plot point I'd previously considered, but it immediately added stakes and drama to the story and gave me a really good excuse for getting the characters from point A to point B.

4092 Reviews

Reviews: 4092
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:18 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

This is an awesome idea

Well, today was a fun one...got to play cricket with the neighbors for a good three hours and it was a lot of fun to got up all sorts of nonsense, the fact that the team I was leading won quite comprehensively didn't hurt not to mention the two times we got to climb onto our neighbor's roof, second time was a sneak attack because we got yelled at the first time for making noise which just made it even more fun.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

160 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

My pen pal sent me a box of homemade cookies along with her recent letter, which I found so sweet!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:31 am
View Likes
Ignorance says...

I finally got my Secret Santa gift. And in a self insert roleplay I have with a friend, I got a (potential) boyfriend!
Do you how do?
I use any pronouns :)
Get in losers, we're going napping

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

So glad I got notifs from this so I can share my smiley moment!

I used to see the same two friends in college consistently, but we have all graduated and moved across state lines. They're visiting me this week and I am once again reminded HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM!!! like, ever got peeps you would die for? dis them. lov dem so much.

ok das it, just thought I'd happy squee :)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
starlitmind says...

I got a postcard from a friend that meant to send me that postcard three years ago but forgot xD (it has a unicorn on the front c:)
.--. --- - .- - ---

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I beat a timed challenge in Genshin Impact that I was sure I was going to have to do in multiplayer because it was too hard solo! I'm still not sure how I did it, but it meant I was finally able to unlock a little part of the map. :)
mage

queer and here.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:28 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Me and a friend spent an entire conversation referring to each other as "madam" and "mi'lady" which was just the wonderful dose of randomness I was needing ^^
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec