Young Writers Society

What made you smile today?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Today was the last meeting for my creative writing class. Part of the class session today involved sharing how the class has impacted us, and I decide to bring up how the exercises impacted how I wrote my novel. I was really nervous about sharing my story's plot and powers with people who don't regularly read fantasy, but someone was kind enough to say that they thought I had a creative mind and that my creativity was cool.

(Someone also agreed with them.)

It really makes me happy to know that people outside of formal writing communities like my writing. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri May 21, 2021 5:33 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

I was meditating today, and I left my laptop open next to me. My laptop probably fell asleep while I was meditating, but when I open my eyes and moved a bit, the movement jolted it awake - but it was like it was 'waking up' at the same time as I finished, which made me go :D
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sat May 22, 2021 3:49 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Two updates for this one..,

Yesterday...there was a giant pad party for one of the sb I was involved in and ahh its just soo much fun writing with everyone there...and those characters are just my favorite at this point so that was a big smile on ma face for a solid hour.

Aaand today...a couple of rp duo posts I wrote and aah...it was an absolutely wholesome moment between the two characters that ahh...it just makes you feel happy inside.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Sat May 22, 2021 4:33 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Today my brother and I woke up after 1 in the afternoon. And we were literally afraid of stepping outside our room and face our mother's wrath. So we silently tiptoed outside to test the waters only to find her wide asleep on the sofa. And I don't know why but that moment made me smile. :P
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun May 23, 2021 4:24 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

I got to see my little cousins today and they've grown up so much from the last time I've seen them. And they also remember my name so that's a bonus.
I won't go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends
I'm taking back the life you stole
Came a time when every star fall brought you to tears again

-My Chemical Romance

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sun May 23, 2021 3:33 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I was on the minecraft server with #theboys today, and we were kidnapping villagers to make a villager breeder near our base...and gosh the conversation today was just ridiculously funny, I had a constant smile on my face for a good three hours.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

542 Reviews

Wed May 26, 2021 10:54 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Managed to exercise and have a good stretch today!
she/her

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:34 am
View Likes
Zyria says...

1. Every single person on Y.W.S. Ye'all make me so happy <333
2. I can see what a planet looks like during the night, and its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
3. My friend sent me an email just to tell me how much I mean to her, and how grateful she is that I'm in her life, and it just put the biggest grin on my face.
4. I decided to give the kittens, a bath for the first time and the whole time I towl-dried them, they were huddled next to me for warmth and it just made me go :) <3 because it showed a huge amount of trust.
She who calls the stars to shine

185 Reviews

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:04 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

Omg this was yesterday and I think the day before too but, my friends who I haven't seen in like a year came to my house to give me a graduation basket! It had stuffed kittens and candy!! And my brother also gave me a heart patch and a pineapple necklace!

-My Chemical Romance

542 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:56 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Had some pancakes for dinner today, with just the right amount of butter and maple syrup. :D
she/her

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:26 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

This happened yesterday, but my boss called me and I was nervous because she had been trying to continually reach me when I've been busy, and I thought I was in trouble or something lol but I actually GOT A RAISE AND PROMOTION WOOOooOooO

It's pretty standard to get a promotion after two years, and she gave it to me a few weeks early, which was nice. I immediately changed my email signature from "Associate Engineer" to just "Engineer" which was a good feeling!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

185 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:24 am
View Likes
FireEyes says...

Just the Yewis community. Nothing more to add. Just all of yall.

-My Chemical Romance

185 Reviews

Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:56 pm
View Likes
FireEyes says...

I'm introducing my friend to my favourite childhood show, "The Aquabats Super Show!" and she says she's mad she missed out on it. She is really enjoying it and I'm glad I can share a part of my childhood with her.

-My Chemical Romance

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:52 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

Today at work, I was on window handing food out, and a family pulled up and had all of their windows rolled down. I could see a little girl, about 9 years old, sitting in the backseat, so after I greet the parents and let them know that I'm waiting on their food, I wave to her. At first she wouldn't talk to me, but after I talked to her and her parents a bit she started smiling at me.

So I looked at the order while I was waiting for their food to come up and was like "I bet you ordered the salad." She emphatically shook her head no, and I went through the rest of the order, asking her if she had the spicy sandwich, or the diet coke, or the french fries, etc. Now she was laughing and the parents thought it was funny too, and I could see that they seemed less stressed and it really lifted their spirits. It was just really cool to get to have that kind of effect on someone and make this family's day.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:32 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Gratitude by Brandon Lake|House of Miracles
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore