z

Young Writers Society

The Great Tortoise Race of 2020

Do you plan to participate in Team Tortoise in June?

Yes. I love special badges.
16%
Yes - FOR THE TORTOISES!!
25%
Of course! Just one review a day? Easy!
13%
I'll try...
27%
No, but I'll probably join Team Hare and write 30 reviews on June 30th.
4%
We'll see...
16%

Total votes : 56

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

one day left!

One day left Tortoises!! What was the hardest part of the race? What motivated you to stay in? Would you join the race again? If you had to drop out of the race, what happened?

Would love to hear about your experience! Best of luck wrapping up those last reviews - you are so close to the finish line!!

1. @LittleLee 51
2 @Gravitem 47
3 @whatchamacallit 46
4 @JabberHut 31
4 @IcyFlame 31
6 @LadyBug 29
7 @EternalRain 28
7 @starlitmind 28

Also if you want a shout out for Team Hare (no badge, but bragging rights are included) make sure to get your 30th review written today or tomorrow.

Yay Tortoises!!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:02 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Also shout out to @JabberHut for predicting the future earlier in this thread.
I have a dream of seeing the green room emptied, so LET'S DO IT!!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464

1227 Reviews

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:55 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

CONGRATULATIONS

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to our dedicated Team of Tortoise Reviewers who have officially completed The Great Team Tortoise Race! Each of these reviewers helped out the site tremendously this month by writing over 30 reviews and sharing their wisdom with the authors of YWS.

Congratulations to
@LittleLee who was towards the front of the pack almost the whole race, and finished up with almost double the goal of Team Tortoise with 57 Reviews!! Lee jumped into poetry, prose, and just about anything else they could find while also making an appearance for the Review Day battle. They finished this Tortoise Race like it was a cake walk! Congrats!!

@Whatchamacallit who has been writing some seriously impressive poetry analysis ... like do you ever just read reviews? because I keep finding interesting poetry nuggets when I read her reviews. Whatchamacallit also was among the three who wrote 50+ reviews for Team Tortoise, and was in 2nd place for Review Day!! Whoop whoop!

@Gravitem aka Knight Myth came to fight this race, and they never gave up! They led the charge for the reviewers of the Knights of the Green Room and collected some new knightly gear this June along with writing 50 reviews this month all while having a friendly rivalry with LittleLee throughout the month. Well done Grav, you did it!!!

@JabberHut IS THIS A SURPRISE TO ANYONE? JabberHut (one of the site's top 10 all time reviewers, owner of a new shiny purple review star, and veteran of Team Tortoise) skipped through this race with pep and dedication. They kept our novel-section company during the race and I'm sure many are very thankful for their reviews! Thanks Jabber, you are a reviewing MACHINE!

@IcyFlame IcyFlame plunged into Team Tortoise with plenty of enthusiasm too - and the month was so successful they're even opening up their WRFF thread again so be on the look out for that! They reviewed all sorts of novels but with particular attention to @ExOmelas' "A Fool's Bucket" towards the end of the race. YAY!! Great work Icy!

@EternalRain Ah Rain is a joy and so are her reviews! :) She was very diligent in finishing Team Tortoise this month while in the midst of noveling and even inquired early on for everyone's benefit what the exact rules of the Time Zone rules are for Team Tortoise... though I don't think anyone besides Nate truly knows that secret. Rain reviewed short stories with generosity and attention to detail as well as novel chapters and even some poetry. Congratulations Rain, and best of luck with Camp NaNo! (ALSO BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!)

@LadyBug Ladybug had a name-change halfway through Team Tortoise, but it didn't slow her down one bit, in fact she kept the pace the whole way through hanging out mostly in the poetry section and sharing her insights and impressions every day with authors. Thanks for all your hard work LadyBug, we knew you could do it!!

@starlitmind lastly, my poetry buddy StarlitMind managed to not only write some beautiful poetry but also reviewed tons of poems this month. Her reviews were both thorough and analytical. Great job Star! :)

Okay you are all awesome!

Now we should also give a shout-out to those who weren't able to finish Team Tortoise, but nonetheless completed Team Hare by writing 30+ reviews during the month of June! Congratulations to @HarryHardy (250 reviews,,, WHAT?! HOW?!), @Haraya (who held on to Team Tortoise for much of the race), @Cow (an old member returned new, who made a splash in review day), @JesseWrites (an impressive reviewer, who you should not let write your review signature if you are in a review duel with them, not that I have experience with that... haha congrats!!)

Thanks to everyone's hard work this month we were able to clear the Green Room and rounding out the month with 1154 reviews we had our best reviewing month of the year!

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451